Volunteer To Get The Voters Out: No Excuses

This week I took steps to get involved in the Democratic process. In joining the League of Women Voters,

20

This week I took steps to get involved in the Democratic process. In joining the League of Women Voters, I have opportunities to understand the process better; become an educated and responsible voter, as well as help my fellow citizens on a path to elect representatives that will address the needs of the people and not the special interest groups. I am not doing this only for the Presidential election, my concerns in state and local government have never been addressed to my satisfaction and it is time to put my two cents in.

However, what needs to be discussed at this time is the Presidential Primary. With the State of Florida participating in Super Tuesday in March, lessons must be learned and mistakes corrected from what has just happened this month.The Iowa Caucuses showed the country that Democrats are not an organized cohesive machine that once was the Democratic Party. Many might not be aware that Iowa did not have one primary caucus, the Republican Party held their caucus and many Republicans came out in force within the Party's administration as well as voters to support their candidate. And yes, Mr. Trump had an opposition running and received one of the delegates at the caucus. Quite a lopsided event compared to the ten candidates that caused havoc in the opposing party.

The media spent months, days, hours, and minutes comparing, analyzing, speculating on the outcome and the future of the Democratic Party; and the people in Iowa forgot they were supposed to vote. Personally, it concerns me that a state being wooed by over twenty candidates for almost a year did not make any attempt to show the rest of the country how it is done. Can't be the weather, they know it is going to be cold there it's the middle of winter. Can't be the date, it was discussed in ad nauseam at every media outlet from New York City to Honolulu. My guess is most had enough of it, only the dedicated, die-hard, media seeking voters turned out and the rest did like I've said before, "watched."

It is possible that the Democrats are falling all over themselves because they are not sure how to beat a dirty fighter in the White House? It has been four years since Hillary Clinton lost the party's highest position. It was a devastating blow to many American's and the analysis of that debacle was agreed after the first few months. Too many choices, so why is the Democratic Party reliving this nightmare?

Okay, so Joe Biden has lost his edge and has a political past that is being questioned not only by the media but by concerned voters. His tough responses and slips of the tongue have got him in more trouble than the average candidate but remember whom he wants to run against. A man that uses his twitter account to intimidate and influence intelligent people that are afraid of being beaten up on social media. Guess what, those words are just that words, you still have a job to do. If you resign to his intimation he wins again.

Yes, Bernie Sanders has some great ideas and he isn't afraid to use the word "socialist," however, in the time of McCarthyism, a different word put a lot of people in jail. Don't think for a moment if Mr. Trump can turn one of his eager Senator into another Joe McCarthy, he will use it to his benefit to win the election. No, communism is not that same as socialism, but the lack of education and the influence of social media that has spellbound most of the citizens in American, it can sound as if any "ism" is a bad "ism" for America.

What is important is to reach the undecided and the disenfranchised, help them to understand what is read on social media is not the politics of the day but rather the reaction to the politics of the day. How to reach out to help the masses do less reacting and more reading?

I know the constitution was taught in schools, yet we find many current political representatives manipulating it like Bloomberg explaining his past comments regarding "Stop & Frisk." It is the voters to blame if the rule of law is now an idea and not a rule.
I'm at odds with the blame, it is easy for many to say it is because if outside interference, however, if everyone voted, and I mean every eligible citizen in the United States, would we be here right now?