Visit The Music City

It's Time You Take A Trip To The Music City

Find out about all the excitement in Nashville, Tennessee.

8
Shelby Arnett

Nashville, Tennessee. Music City. Known as the songwriting capital of the world, Nashville is one of the most unique and authentic places to visit.

Within the past year, I've visited Nashville three different times. Each time I visit, it feels like I'm taking on brand new experiences and seeing things I hadn't noticed before. From adorable boutiques to delicious restaurants to incredible music, Nashville attracts more people every day. The city itself is growing in popularity as more college graduates make their move to surrounding neighborhoods in The Gulch, Germantown, or 12 South. There is so much to see and do, and the adventures never truly stop.

Some things Nashville is known for include hot chicken, barbecue, musical attractions, and museums. You can find these attractions on almost every corner, leaving a great first impression on Nashville newcomers.

There's something special about Nashville that continues to pull visitors in from all across the country.

After my most recent visit two weeks ago, I began to figure out why.

Instead of staying in a hotel that required an Uber to get to the heart of the city, my gracious mom booked a hotel right in the center of Downtown Nashville. This changed things a bit -- the best and most populated part of Nashville was right outside our window! Being downtown meant being a five-minute walk away from Broadway; a street that consisted of the city's best restaurants, bars, and of course, the best music. Broadway, also known as Honky Tonk Highway, is the street that never sleeps, which we soon found out at 3 a.m. when we could hear "Sweet Home Alabama" blasting on all the speakers outside the buildings. Considering the time, we truly didn't mind the noise.

Honky Tonk Highway plays live music 365 days a year. Even on New Years Eve. Thank you, Nashville trip #2! And, if you're lucky, you may even see a few celebrities playing in some of the lower Broadway clubs; think Willie Nelson, Dierks Bentley, and many more famous country artists!

It was the energy of the city that sparked something within the people who visited. It was the energy that made us all want to stay.

There are some vacations you go on that give you the vacation you want, but you're ready to go back home soon after. Nashville wasn't one of those places. There was always something to do no matter what time of day and those who were native to the city made our experience even better. We felt so welcome wherever we walked in and were encouraged to sit and stay awhile, no matter the bustle of the coffee shop or deli.

If you haven't seen the sights of Nashville yet, you truly are missing out. It's the city that music calls home, and it connects the place to its people.