Here's Why You Should Visit Egypt This Summer

It won't be as flooded with people as you think.

67

The series of revolutions across North Africa and the Middle East in 2011, known as the Arab Spring, affected tourism in Egypt gravely. For a beautiful country filled with so much history and culture, it suddenly was seen as an unstable country and many countries recommended their citizens not to fly there.

Although stability has gotten better, the tourism industry continues to suffer. It is, however, possible to use this suffering to one's benefit. It means that you can have more exclusive tours and visits to some of the most historic temples and places, you can negotiate prices more easily, and you won't have hundreds of people in the background of your photos.

Egypt is home to the Pyramids of Giza, the Great Sphynx, incredible resorts, the Valley of the Kings (and Queens), incredible food, and the famous Khan el-Khalili market.

The Great Pyramid of Giza, the largest of the three pyramids, is the oldest and one of the "Great Wonders of the Ancient World" still standing. There are many spots to take amazing pictures with all three pyramids and even pictures where it seems you are holding them! Who doesn't want that framed on top of their mantle?

Although the weather is kind of hot at times, it just helps one feel more attached and integrated into both local society but also the historic Ancient Egypt. There are many temples, hieroglyphs, and tombs that are still visible today that will make the inner historian in you feel reincarnated.

Located by the Red Sea, Egypt is home to hundreds of first-class resorts that were once filled with tourists but are now idly waiting for tourism to pick up again. This means that you can have the chance of having a big resort with lots of activities and exquisite food and spa arrangements, nearly empty if not for a few dozen other guests. Who wouldn't want that exclusivity at an inexpensive price?

With all that is going on in the world, it is hard to say what place is really safe and if there is such a place where no harm can come. This should not be why we, as humans and curious-minded people do not travel. Nobody should live their life fearing the unknown. Nobody should live their life without visiting the Great Wonders of the Ancient World because they are scared of the instability the respective countries have had.

Egypt is a country that has activities for everyone. Like museums? At the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, you can see King Tut's golden mask, his cane, mummies, and more. If you like eating, the shawarmas, kabobs and absolutely scrumptious desserts like the ohm ali will keep you wanting to come back to the region more.

Moreso, the city of Sharm El-Sheikh, located along the Red Sea, is often referred to as the "world's leading scuba-diving destination" because of the stunning underwater scenery. It is not just for divers, but for jet skiers, windsurfers, people who like cruises, and even people who just like the beach. At night time in this vibrant city, the atmosphere blends the Ancient and Modern worlds so you get both a taste of what Ancient Egypt was like (the history, the museums, the artifacts) but also Modern Egypt (the resorts, the local markets, the activities). In addition to this, Egypt has deserts where people sandboard and ride atv's through. If the desert isn't really your thing, the Nile Cruise takes you to all the historic destinations within the cities of Luxor and Aswan, but while you're on board a luxury cruise boat at a discounted rate than what it used to be, just because of the decline in tourism.

There is no better time to visit Egypt now. No better time to bask in the sunshine and the history, to ride camels in front of the Pyramids or to climb down into some Tombs and see how they were preserved and how they were decorated. There is no better place to learn how to scuba dive or snorkel than in the Red Sea and no better city to combine the Ancient and New worlds than Egypt.