Writer's Block Is Real, So Let's Talk About The Lids At Deets Or The Weather Or Something

Thanks for reading. You’re cool.

4055

These past few weeks have been, quite literally, hell. I have been struggling to keep up with my work load and just try to stay afloat. I know one article a week doesn’t seem like much, but when you have multiple tests, over seven chapters to read and other random assignments every week, writing one little, tiny article is like mission impossible. And my brain feels quite drained so saying that I am ready for spring break is an understatement. Since I can’t seem to commit to any idea that I potentially consider writing about, I have self-diagnosed myself with a good ole case of writer’s block.

It’s real people. Or maybe I’m just brain dead. Or have commit issues. Who knows?

Regardless of what my problem actually is, instead of writing a full article that ends with a somewhat legitimate point, I am going to see where my mind goes and just go with it. Sorry if you feel like I’m giving up, but you’re a bit late. Because the truth is, I have given up a while ago.

The Lids at Deets

I am here at Deets, the café that is about 10 feet from my dorm, with a lovely iced chai latte next to my laptop. So Deets decided to take on these new cups that are no longer made out of Styrofoam and completely compostable, which I am all about. After all, if we ruin the Earth, then we won’t have a world to live on, and then where would our exponentially growing population survive? Now if you paid attention, you would remember that I currently have an iced drink. As far as I am aware, all iced drinks are supposed to be sipped out of a straw. That is just fact. However, my drink currently has a hot beverage lid, and I do not know how to feel about it.

I already struggle with everyday activities without managing to get whatever I may be drinking or eating all over my clothes. But whenever the ice in my drink gets in the way of the little hole I am supposed to drink out of, I start shaking my cup to try and move the ice out of the way. This generally results in half of my iced chai covering my shirt. Not to mention, I probably look very bizarre. To save more of my shirts and allow me to put off doing laundry for longer periods of time, please invest in cold beverage lids that will allow me to use a straw. Thank you.

The Weather

One day it will be 80 degrees and sunny and the next it will be 40 degrees and rainy. I don’t get it. The weather is fluctuating as much as my mood does when I am on my period. And that is truly saying something. I personally like it when the seasons remain for the period of time they are intended to stick around, and winter happens to be my favorite season. While most people were pleasantly surprised and elated about being able to wear shorts and a t-shirt without being judged by others, I was bitter. It's the winter. It should be cold and snowing. I feel personally attacked. I miss winter. When the temperature dropped again, and it also began raining nearly every day, I am not going to lie, I was very happy inside. Call me a downer, but the feeling of being bundled up as you battle against the cold air is like no other. And I love it.

Just a few things I was able to come up with off the top of my head. If I offend anyone, because that tends to be the new thing these days, getting offended, I am sorry. But in all seriousness, whenever I have trouble coming up with a topic to write about, this is exactly what I will do. Just write whatever comes into mind and roll with it. Because miraculously enough, you will eventually end up with something in the end. Whether that be an interesting topic or just a recount of your very loopy thought process, time spent free-writing is not time wasted. Hope you were able to laugh at my sadness because if one of us is happy at the end of this, then we are both still winning.

Thanks for reading. You’re cool.