Vinyl Is Making A Comeback And It Is AWESOME

Music lovers. It is time to add a record player to your life.
542

I am a huge music lover. In every way. I cannot walk to class or go through a day without listening to something. I love staying up to date on new music and new ways of listening. In the past couple of years, vinyl records have made their way back around into the music world. There is something so unique and special about listening to a vinyl record and I am so glad that music lovers are embracing this.

Until about a year ago, I didn’t really care too much about listening to vinyl. I thought it was interesting and unique, but never really took the opportunity to experience it for myself. Slowly, a few of my friends started buying record players and albums on vinyl and I was introduced to it mostly through other people. I became intrigued and decided to buy a record player myself.

As I slowly started adding to my collection and listening to each album overtime, I realized how different and unique the sound is when it is played on a record player. I fell in love. The atmosphere changes and it creates an entirely different mood. Any music lover could understand how important it is to hear music in this way. It has allowed me to appreciate music and some of my favorite artists in a whole new way.

The best part about this comeback is that the process of going to a record store and shuffling through the albums is happening again. The interactive, hands-on aspect of picking out an album and taking it home is an amazing feeling that I hope more people take advantage of. Most of us, including myself, listen to music through streaming services.

The easy access and simplicity of these platforms are great and I understand why they have slowly taken over. However, I think they have also made people more curious about wanting a closer connection to the music. This group may be small but they are also helping in bringing that connection back.

So anyways. If you love music. At all. I recommend finding a record player and playing your favorite tunes and dancing around with all of your friends. The experience is too good.