23 things unique to villanova students

23 Things You Are Looking Forward To If You Go To Villanova University

5. Cafe Nova southwest sauce

3515
Katie Coviello

We are in the final stretch of summer, only a few short weeks stand between me and junior year of college at my favorite place: Villanova. Sure all colleges are similar and everyone's excited to go back, but there are definitely some unique aspects to Nova that only it's students will truly understand. Whether it's food related or campus-related, there's something Villanovan that I'm sure you are missing too!

1. Zilly Fries

A decadence best served at 2 am on a Saturday night. Fries smothered in bacon, ranch, and mozzarella cheese made at our beloved CampCo. So bad for you yet so, so good.

2. Your Holy Grounds fix

Oh, how I can't wait to get my hands on a large iced green tea with pomegranate from our very punny coffee shop.

3. Conn Chicken Finger Wraps

Okay whoever figured out this hack deserves a million dollars. A fan favorite at the Belle Air Terrace: order chicken fingers from the grill line and then bring them over to the wrap line and bam, a delicious and not so nutritious dinner.

4. The umbrellas outside Conn/Cafe Nova

The multicolored umbrellas and tables that are out in the fall and spring mean warm weather and so. many. friends. You'll probably see everyone you know sitting under the umbrellas and will absolutely stalk a table down until it's available.

5. Cafe Nova southwest sauce

This sauce could cure cancer i'm convinced. I absolutely drench my Cafe Nova burrito bowl in this sauce at least twice a week.

6. The Exchange

Best. Food. On. Campus.

7. Church pics

8. So cheesy yet so beautiful. If you go to Nova, your camera roll is probably saturated with your sunset church pics but there's nothing wrong with that, it's a beautiful sight.

8. Pledge rides

Honestly, the ride is better than the party 9 times out of 10, there, I said it.

9. Doba happy hour

Nothing better than margs, chips, and queso!!

10. Basketball season

It's not winter, it's basketball season.

11. Jay Wright spottings

Usually spotted on his golf cart showing potential recruits around campus. I get excited every time.

12. Seeing everyone you know

When you go to a school this size, chances are when you are walking to class or grabbing some food or studying in the library you will see every person you have ever met on campus. Yes, even the ones you'd rather not see.

13. Crossing dirty Lanc

Okay, honestly this will never not be a pain in the ass but there's something comforting about the sound of the cross walk screaming "WALK SIGN IS ON". No... just me?

14. Suburban Square

One of my favorite places to go if you need to get off campus and feel like shopping, eating, or cycling. Home to our Sweetgreen, Not Your Average Joe's, Urban, Besito, Lulu Lemon, and Soul Cycle, i'm sure you can see why students are here more often than not.

15. Tolentine

Okay here me out, I know it's the worst building by far but it's such a staple on campus that I truly have a love/hate relationship with it. Except for the 4th floor because that I straight up hate.

16. Hoops Mania

Hoops should be a national holiday. It's our big way of starting off basketball season, basically a pep rally on steroids that finishes up with a celeb performer (Nicki Minaj, Wiz Khalifa...)

17. Father Peter

The dad of campus, a true shining star of our university.

18. First Watch

Sunday brunch has never looked better.

19. Late night

The culprit of everyone's freshman fifteen.

20. Not getting kissed under the arch

Still! Waiting!

21. Your friends

The people at Nova are truly like no other

22. Walking through the Oreo/quad on a sunny day

MY FAVORITE PART!! The sun is shining, music is bumping, everyones laying out or sitting under umbrellas and life.is.good.

23. The shuttle

My savior on cold/rainy/snowy/lazy/too hot days.