Waking up at 6:30 or 7 in the morning is not everyone's cup of tea. It sure is not mine. I am a chronic non-morning person and, while I struggle everyday to lift my head from the pillow before 10, I can often still start the day off on the right foot with these little victories.
Here are 11 small victories that only non-morning people will understand:
1. You only slept through your first alarm.
2. Or you only hit snooze a few times.
3. You answered an email from bed and you actually sounded like you had your life together.
4. And, you didn't hit "reply all" on accident.
5. You actually did your hair - even if that means just brushing it.
6. You didn't get sleepy in the shower.
7. And you didn't fall asleep on the toilet.
8. Your socks or your under garments match - on the first try.
9. Your clothes aren't wrinkled.
10. Your makeup is actually on point.
11. You ate breakfast.
12. You didn't spill your coffee.
13. You put your contacts in - instead of just wearing your glasses, as usual.
14. You unplugged your phone without ripped the chord out of the wall.
15. You actually when you planned on leaving - instead of the extreme-risk-for-being-late time that you usually leave.
16. Your friend texted you to see if you were ready, and you were!
17. Your shortcut to class or to work actually saved you time today.
18. You got to class or work with a few minutes to spare.
19. You smiled before 10 am.
20. You didn't yell at anyone during your morning commute.
21. You entertained a small-talk conversation before lunch.
22. You were only on your third cup of coffee by 11 am.
23. You didn't ignore calls and texts you received in the morning.
24. You made it to lunch without killing anyone.
25. You were actually a productive member of society in your own little way.
Let's stick together, non-morning people.