Vegan Fashion: Keep Moving Away From Animals

Vegan Fashion

19

.

The fashion industry is producing over 90 million tons of waste annually. This ends up in landfills or burnt worsening global warming. Also, they affect aquatic life if the waste reaches water bodies. The sad part is that we, as consumers, are driving the demand and resulting waste and pollution.

The vegan fashion revolution is presenting a solution. It opts for biodegradable plant-based inputs for the fashion industry. Also, it emphasizes recycling to eliminate toxic waste for an eco-friendly fashion business.

So as the demand for vegan fashion keeps expanding, fashion brands are taking advantage of this new era. Veganism stems from the idea of a cruelty-free and environmentally friendly lifestyle. You don’t need to aggressively kill all the alligators and animals just to look stylish in animal leather apparel or accessories.

Yes, you can wear non-animal, non-plastic leather or accessories from recycled products and still look stylish. Besides, you’ll be driving sustainable fashion. The perks of vegan fashion are timely as we’re currently struggling with climate change and pollution.

Are you still confused? Here are a few reasons why you need to keep away from animals and embrace the vegan fashion style:

1. Embrace an Eco-Friendly Lifestyle

The fashion industry can play a critical role in preserving the environment. It is one of the largest global consumer industries. So opting for vegan fashion could help replace toxic non-biodegradable fashion. The best part is, that some are even recycling plastic waste into sustainable fashion brands.

The animal leather chromium-based tanning process makes it harder and longer to decompose naturally. That will contribute to landfills and water pollution.

Recycled plastics and plant-based leather are sustainable alternatives. Now you can ditch the rigid animal leather belts and products. The vegan belts from Jelt cover you with flexible and comfortable straps. They are stretchy straps that make waist movements easy and less restrictive. Plus, the straps are made from recycled plastics making them eco-friendly.

Most fashion brands now use bamboo, recycled plastic, hemp, natural plant fibers, and organic cotton. Hence it encourages leading a healthier, greener lifestyle as opposed to leather products.

Several garment materials and fabrics like leather and fur come from animal sources. As a result, we must kill animals to get the skin for creating these materials. Livestock keeping for leather affects climate change because animal feed production and processing emit CO2.

So, an eco-friendly aspect of vegan fashion for leather products and other accessories makes a difference.

1. Stay Away From Animal-CrueltyCruelty-Free Fashion

Source: Pexel

For any clothing or accessory to be vegan, it must be free of animal products. Vegan fashion is gaining popularity today because its primary goal is to end industry-related animal cruelty. Vegan items increased by 75% in the United Kingdom. This demonstrates that the majority of people worldwide desire to avoid animal cruelty.

There are certain fashion materials and accessories that come from animals. Rabbits, foxes, sheep, coyotes, and beaver skin can act as animal fur. They use snakes, cows, crocodiles, or pig’s skin to manufacture leather used by humans. Products from these animals are expensive and sophisticated.

The only way to make these animal skins valuable is by slaughtering them. They will extract the skin and process it into the components to develop the end product. So vegan and cruelty-free alternatives like adjustable belts help to reduce this type of animal abuse. So you can join or wear brands keen on ending this cruelty with their fashion items.

1. Enjoy Affordable Fashion Wear

One thing that most people think of whenever there is a new fashion trend is the cost. The truth is fast-moving fashion products are affordable compared to most vegan clothing.

But if you're keen enough, you'll notice that apparel made from fur and leather is more costly than a bamboo-based summer outfit.

Besides, with its popularity, there are less expensive vegan fashion products to these trendy materials. For instance, if you're looking for men's accessories to add gist to your outfit, you can go for vegan belts.

It offers extreme comfort with its durable and elegant elastic grip on your pants. Besides, they're more affordable compared to leather belts. So basically, the vegan clothing industry is here to save the day.

You get to enjoy some affordable, chemical-free options from these vegan materials. Moreover, it is possible to get cheap and organic cotton shirts. So why don't you keep moving away from the animals with these trendy and affordable fashion wear?

1. Keep Up With the Latest Trends

Source: Pexels

Everyone aspires to look fashionable. Every time you go out shopping, you desire your new apparel and accessories to be stylish and on-trend. Most times, women worry more about highlighting the beauty of their outfits. So it comes naturally for women to desire to always appear confident, stylish, and be flawless.

The good news is that you can still be stylish today and embrace vegan fashion. Today, most people care so much about the environment. So it is safe for you to adopt more sustainable fashion trends.

We have so many vegan products in the market today, such as vegan shoes, vegan belts, and vegan clothing. And most brands are producing fashion accessories for men, women, and kids.

Veteran fashion brands are developing exclusive vegan clothing clines. Most brands want to keep up with the newest trends and styles. Vegan women's fashion is projected to increase at a compound annual growth rate of 13.6% from 2020 to 2027. This is a significant increase, and most brands want to be part of this market share.

This is to show that people now have much better options that are sustainable and trendy. They can keep up with the newest fashion trends without worrying about being out of place.

Final Thoughts

The traditional fashion industry is part of the climate change and pollution problem. We, as fashion consumers, are escalating the issue through our unsustainable demand for fashion products.

Vegan fashion is offering an alternative. Being free of cruelty, environmentally friendly, and sustainable are some factors that have made vegan apparel a timely solution. But, consumers must drive the change by adopting sustainable alternatives.

Vegan fashion brands manufacture garments and accessories from sustainable materials, including hemp, bamboo, organic cotton, and recycled plastic bottles. For instance, the vegan belts use recycled bottles, making them vegan friendly.

It's unethical to harm animals for leather when there are numerous vegan alternatives. So many companies are incorporating vegan clothing lines into their stores. This demonstrates that the trend is here to stay and that we can keep avoiding animals just for the sake of fashion.