Helping Those Everyday

The Value Of Giving Back

The value of giving is bigger than any value in the world!

3

Winston Churchill once said, "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give". This quote is completely true the act of giving is something magical. By giving someone something, you feel like you did well in this world. That is because even though you may not get to meet the person who you gave it to, you know inside that they love it. When I donate my favorite books to charity or buy a toy that I really enjoyed, I feel happy inside because I know I gave that gift to them with lots of love and that someone out there is going to appreciate and cherish these presents as I did.

The value of what you give back to the community, in general, can never be taken away from you. People can take your money and your jewelry, but no one can take away the feeling you get when you give back to the community.

It is important to give back to the community because the community is like a bank. If one does not pay the bank, then the bank will not be able to function because there is only so much money it can give. Same way, if people do not give back to the community, then the community cannot function because there is nothing more than they can give. Moreover, once the people have taken everything forms the community it is all gone, and when it is all gone it is hard to earn back.

Now the value of giving does not necessarily mean that you donate presents or food, it also means smaller things like volunteering. In the world we live in today, it is evident that many people may not have time to volunteer, but if we all took out thirty minutes to an hour every weekend, or even once a month, it will help the community prosper more. This will happen because right now there are only a handful of people giving back, but if we all give back imagine how much more we could get done if we all work together.

Overall, the value of giving is amazing to me. If it were up to me then I would volunteer all the time just to give back to the community. By giving back to the community, who knows maybe our community will become even better than it was before or how it is today. Just like Winston Churchill said, "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give". Making a living in this world is not enough; making a life is what really counts.