We have all been lost at some point or another in our lives. It may happen more often than not for some, this should be seen as a blessing (I'll explain later). When we come across difficult issues or are dumbfounded with an overwhelming sense of emotions, we struggle. I can even admit to this. Whatever the situation is, we often struggle to calm ourselves and find the good. Do not worry though, there is good news in all of this.

See, the thing is, the more we are exposed to the essence of being lost and confused the more we can learn. I know this is easier said than done, but it is all about perspective. Perspective is a powerful tool. Perspective has allowed me to clear the fog in my brain and analyze problems with a sharper view. Being able to detach my mind from my emotions while being lost has been a blessing. The more I teach myself to experience rather than resist, the more I have been able to relax and live. The end goal is to educate our minds to be comfortable with uneasiness. Once we can accomplish this, we can always find light in the void.

Trust me when I say all of this too because I have only learned all of this through myself. My mind runs a million miles an hour and turns over 360° all the time. As I began to control my thoughts effectively when I was lost, I have been able to grow and develop my individuality. Solving new problems compels me to build my values and direction in life.

As Thoreau poetically writes, "Every man has to learn the points of a compass again as often as he awakes, whether from sleep or any abstraction. Not till we are lost, in other words, not till we have lost in the world, do we begin to find ourselves, and realize where we are in the infinite extent of our relations." This excerpt from "Walden" resonates with me whenever I know I need to find the light. Hopefully, it can do the same for you. All you have to do is remind yourself to eradicate irrational thoughts. Find a memento to use in situations where you know you need a different perspective. If this helps, just remember: we have three eyes, two to look and one to see.

When you find yourself lost, always know that life is what you make of it, especially in the dark. No one is watching you until you emerge into the light. It does not matter where you are or what the circumstances are, own every moment and search relentlessly for the light. If you think about it, black is the ultimate color (conversation for another time) because it is the beginning and end of all colors. There is honestly more to see than you think.

If there is one thing that you take away from this, let it be that life really is not that hard if you do not make it that way. Acquiesce to the waves and see where it takes you. It might lead you to an epiphany, you never know.