Valentine's Day? Make It PALentine's Day Instead

Valentine's day for single people.

56
anna mills

I've never really been a fan of Valentine's Day. I don't like fancy dinners or flowers or chocolate (I know, I'm ridiculous). It's cool to celebrate love, but it baffles me how upset some people get when their V-day isn't "perfect". On top of all of that, I'm as single as you can possibly get, so Valentine's Day doesn't offer very much for me.

Instead of deleting all social media that day and trying to avoid stores and restaurants like the plague, I vote we hold a "Palentine's Day". It seems pretty self-explanatory, but here are some Palentine's Day bullet points for dummies:

- Catch your favorite meal with your best friends and make sure you mention how thankful you are for each other and for those chicken fingers.

- Watch your favorite show or movie and tell your friends how much you love them for liking the same shows. (My household will be most likely be watching Vanderpump Rules, Catfish, Toddlers & Tiaras, or the Food Channel.)

- Buying gifts is 100% allowed as long as it is wine, beer, or candy.

- Wear something blue. Valentine's can keep their sissy pink.

- Instead of giving Valentine's cards, exchange memes over text.

- Rather than following into a lame routine like most Valentines do (dinner and a movie sound familiar?), promise to make every Palentine's Day fun with a new adventure.

So, I'm sure you get the idea. This will be my first Palentine's Day and to be honest, I've never been so excited for February 14 before.