You're about to graduate

5 Things You'll Ask Yourself If It's Your Last Semester In College.

Am I ready to be done with school?

70
Personal Photo

I'm in the home stretch, and there are a lot of things to worry about.

Am I ready to be done with school?

The answer to this is usually a resounding YES. But, if you don't plan on immediately going into a graduate program life is going to be drastically different once you graduate. You'll probably miss it more than you think.

Am I supposed to be going to grad school now?

Ask yourself if the job you really want requires a degree. If you don't need to go to school to follow your career path, DON'T waste that money!

What if I don't find a job?

Do not give up. Worst case scenario you can get a part time job to pay the bills until you find something. Remember, you're new to you're field and you'll probably have to work your way up to that dream job. Be okay with that.

When am I supposed to start looking for a job?

Right now, tell any future employees of your anticipated graduation date, and best case scenario you'll be offered a position with the understanding that you'll have your degree within the time frame.

What happens, if I don't want to work in the field my degree is in?

You're going to have to get creative. Think about why you think you're able to do the job you're looking at and tailor you're resume to fit it. In the interview, talk about how your unique experiences will make you a better fit than other candidates that took a more traditional route.