Having Superpowers Can Be Dangerous

Unless You Want Chaos, Everyone Should Not Have Powers

People are already hard to control, so when they have superpowers, it can turn into chaos

32
Google / CNET

There's been a lot of hype because of the new Marvel movies that came out like "Infinity War" and people have been rewatching the old movies like "Age Of Ultron" and "Thor: Ragnorak". These new movies got me thinking about the superheroes that have powers, such as, Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. What if these types of people actually existed? What if there were people who had powers like telepathy, shapeshifting, seeing the future, etc?

It would be an interesting and very different world compared to now. We wouldn't have to worry about little, and sometimes bigger, problems that we have like lifting heavy loads. In a way, everyone having powers is a good thing. It would be easier to fight in a war and make it easier to save people. If you have the power of controlling water, imagine how easy it would be to put out a fire, but there is also a chance of some powers like hydrokinesis to ruin the balance of the earth and disrupt the ecosystem. Each power has its ups and downs that could affect one person or millions, one minute or an entire life, one place or the entire world.

While having a world where everyone has powers seems like amazing, there is a downside to this. A major one. Who's going to supervise? Who's going to control all of us?

I couldn't help but imagine a world like this, but it instead of peace, it would be chaos. Most movies and TV shows that show people who have powers and go around doing anything show it is a good thing, but some do show that flip side to having people with powers. With the government being the way it already is, having powers would be worse because of the lack of supervision and rules. There would be more wars, robbery, murder and just chaos overall. It would be easier for people to come together and cause harm. It's hard to control the people because they can be unpredictable. They say one thing but will end up doing something else. Superpowers would make it worse.

I would love to have a superpower. If I had to choose, I would settle for hydrokinesis or be able to shapeshift into any animal. Having a superpower will something that is a part of me. It sounds amazing, but when I think about it, it means more trouble for me also. If there is going to be lack of control, I wouldn't want superpowers. It would mean more trouble and danger for me. It may end up hurting me or hurting my family and friends.

The way I see it is that having a superpower means a lot of responsibility and making sure you're careful when using it. When I see people who have powers in movies, it shows me that it can turn out two ways. It could harm someone or help someone and with a superhero in a movie with powers, it shows me that with great power does come with great responsibility and if they are not handled properly, the world will turn into chaos. The world doesn't a need a lot of Doctor Dooms or Thanos'.

While superpowers do have some perks, it also comes with a big downside to it. If everyone did have powers, what would happen? The government has a lot of options on how to supervise and control the people with superpowers. Some are good and some are bad. But one thing that I know will happen, no matter how nice the idea seems, is chaos. It's even shown in movies and TV shows like "Agents of Shield". While I like the idea of having powers, I'm also thinking that the government won't do much which will lead to more harm which leads to chaos. Powers equal chaos.