Interesting Facts About UConn Medical School
News

How You Can Get Admission at UConn School of Medicine

56
uconn-medical-school

Right through this guide, we will have a detailed discussion about how you can take admission to UCONN Medical School. This medical school completely believes in providing a broader and liberal based arts education which will help the student to make a stronger medical profession. Apart from the courses in the categories of the biological sciences and physical, the candidate also needs to add the courses within the undergraduate curriculum encompassing mathematics, or foreign languages, as well as literature, religion, psychology, art, and political science.

Application Procedure for UCONN Medical School

This medical school has been associated with AMCS which is the American Medical College Application Service. This service unit is associated with American medical colleges to conduct the smooth process of application submission. AMCAS will be playing an important role where it will be administering centralized processing to allow the applicants to submit their applications directly to the medical school.

AMCAS will be verifying the academic record of the applicant and will, later on, make that application visible for the medical school as the database for further processing.

Here we would like to mention that none of the medical schools is allowed to make any sort of changes in the processing of the application. You cannot get in touch with the admission committee to know about your election confirmation or the application status. If you are selected, you will be getting a notified mail for the interview session later on through mail or phone call.

For the UConn Medical School, the deadline for the AMCAS is November 15.

Application Fee & Supplemental Statement

Once the AMCAS notifies you about the processing of your application, you will be receiving any email as the piece of acknowledgement. There are a few basic documents that are required to be submitted to complete the whole application.

You have to submit the letters of recommendation through AMCAS. Plus there is also a mandatory requirement to come up with the supplemental application. You have to submit the payment of the application processing fee through the applicant portal or the fee waiver, which is requested through the admission office.

The supplemental statement of UCONN will be requesting responses to different questions. This statement will give the applicant a set of opportunities with which the candidate can highlight various aspects of teaching, research as well as experience.

Plus this statement will also afford a wide opportunity to further highlight the motivations for building a strong career in the medical field and discuss the health or medical professionals. Hence the main purpose of the supplemental application is just to provide the candidate with the additional opportunity with which they can amplify the relevant experience and preparation.

Take Help from Dr Najeeb Lectures

If you are facing any sort of issues over acquiring a high score in medical tests or understanding the concepts of health-related topics, then do take better help from Dr Najeeb's lectures. His lectures are known to deliver concise information related to the basic sciences, health sciences, or the subjects of medical sciences. You can also download his lectures for better understanding and learning.

What is the selection procedure?

The whole process of the candidate selection is carried out through the involvement of the admission committee. The admission committee is based on the faculty members from basic sciences, medical students, clinical sciences, and community representatives.

The admission committee will be considering focusing on the applicant's ability as well as achievement and their motivation to evaluate the whole application of candidates. They will be focusing on the supplemental application, recommendation letters, as well as interviews.

Plus the committee will also be giving a closer look at the whole academic record as well as MCAT score. The committee will be providing a complete edge of pieces of evidence related to academic achievement as beyond the level of regular course work as well as intellectual growth and substantial based extracurricular activities.

Once the application has been reviewed, applicants will be called for the next stage of their admission, which is about the interview period. Decisions for letting the candidate know about the interview session will be made through the phone call or email system, which will be done by the admission committee members.

For the session of the first year, just 102 positions are enrolled on which the admission committee work very carefully in the starting early months. Candidates can avail of extra chances to apply to this medical school through the supplemental application process.

Frequently Asked Questions-FAQs

• Does the medical school accept any foreign students?

Yes, they do often accept graduates from foreign undergraduate programs at a limited basis level. It is important that your transcript has to be evaluated and verified through professional service to determine the overall U.S. equivalent of credits & grades.

• How many applicants are enrolled each year?

Approximately 3,000 are enrolled every year in this medical school.

• What is the deadline for the AMCAS application?

November 15 is the last date to apply for the AMCAS application.

• Can you easily transfer before you achieve the undergraduate degree?

You should complete your whole coursework and have your undergraduate degree be received before matriculation into medical school.

• Does this medical program offer a program for foreign-trained physicians?

No, this medical school does not offer any program for foreign-trained physicians.

• Do this medical school have classes outside any full-time or regular time curriculum?

No, this medical school does not have classes outside any full-time or regular time curriculum

• What is the due date for supplemental application?

Your supplemental application is hence due within the 4 weeks of your application.

• Does this medical school offer any program for foreign-trained physicians?

No, this medical school does not offer any program for the foreign-trained physicians

• Do they ever waive the candidate application fee?

Yes. ! These medical school waivers are also considered.

• Do you have to resubmit all your documents over the reapplication?

Yes, over the reapplication process, you have to submit all your documents to AMCAS all over again.