17 Underrated Songs That Will Convert You Into A Swiftie

I have always loved Taylor Swift. Was I always her biggest fan? No, definitely not. I've always liked her music (usually just the popular songs), but never really understood how people had such strong opinions towards her, positive or negative. Until now.

There are a few reasons why I have become obsessed with Taylor Swift. One reason is of course because they are her biggest fans over on "The Morning Toast" podcast, which we all know I am easily influenced by what they say and do. Then, the "Lover" album came out and I have not stopped listening to it. The "Miss Americana" documentary also left me speechless. But what I think sealed the deal was just being stuck inside for the last few months, which caused me to get stuck down a rabbit hole listening to all her old albums. My mom has also been a big aspect of fueling my obsession and I love spending our spare time listening to her music together.

What I've discovered in this time is that Taylor Swift is one of the most talented lyricists that I've ever come across. I've never seen anyone else who can tell a story through words like she can. Her words are so impactful and have the power to evoke so many different kinds of emotions. I'm not even kidding, "All Too Well" is the only song that I've ever listened to that physically creates chills running down my body no matter how many times I listen to it. Since her first album, she has evolved so much and I have learned to appreciate and relate to her at every stage. All seven albums of hers are so different, but there is honestly a mood, time, and place for every single one. She truly does embody the "artist of the decade," and I am so glad that I have finally hopped on the bandwagon and realized how talented she truly is.

Many people are quick to jump at Taylor because many of her singles get overplayed and annoying after a while. I'll admit, I have been that girl, and still am in certain respects. I am not going to come out here and say that songs like "Shake It Off," "Look What You Made Me Do," and "ME!" are revolutionary and incredible songs because they're not. However, I do think that many of the songs on her albums that are less known to people are and that's what makes me sad. She has such amazing music that so many people have never heard because they judge her talent based on these singles that don't show all her depth and talent. So with that being said, I now present to you, XX of Taylor Swift's most underrated, breathtaking, and remarkable songs, with my favorite lyrics attached.

1. "The Man"

"I'd be a fearless leader
I'd be an alpha type
When everyone believes ya
What's that like?"

2. "Long Live"

"You held your head like a hero
On a history book page
It was the end of a decade
But the start of an age"

3. "Out of the Woods"

"Remember when you hit the brakes too soon
Twenty stitches in a hospital room
When you started crying baby, I did too
But when the sun came up I was looking at you"

4. "Delicate"

"This ain't for the best
My reputation's never been worse, so
You must like me for me"

5. "Today Was A Fairytale"

"I wore a dress
You wore a dark gray t-shirt
You told me I was pretty when I looked like a mess
Today was a fairytale
Time slows down whenever you're around"

6. "Back To December"

"I'd go back in time and change it but I can't
So if the chain is on your door, I understand

But this is me swallowing my pride
Standing in front of you saying I'm sorry for that night
And I go back to December all the time"

7. "Death By A Thousand Cuts"

"My heart, my hips, my body, my love
Tryna find a part of me that you didn't touch
Gave up on me like I was a bad drug
Now I'm searching for signs in a haunted club
Our songs, our films, united, we stand
Our country, guess it was a lawless land
Quiet my fears with the touch of your hand
Paper cut stings from our paper-thin plans
My time, my wine, my spirit, my trust
Tryna find a part of me you didn't take up
Gave you so much, but it wasn't enough
But I'll be alright, it's just a thousand cuts"

8. "Soon You'll Get Better"

"And I hate to make this all about me
But who am I supposed to talk to?
What am I supposed to do
If there's no you?"

9. "Getaway Car"

"X marks the spot
Where we fell apart"

10. "Begin Again"

"You said you never met one girl who
Had as many James Taylor records as you, but I do
We tell stories and you don't know why
I'm coming off a little shy, but I do"

11. "White Horse"

"'Cause I'm not your princess, this ain't a fairytale
I'm gonna find someone someday who might actually treat me well
This is a big world, that was a small town
There in my rear view mirror disappearing now
And its too late for you and your white horse
Now its too late for you and your white horse, to catch me now"

12. "Should've Said No"

"You say that the past is the past, you need one chance
It was a moment of weakness and you said yes"

13. "I Did Something Bad"

"I never trust a narcissist
But they love me
So I play 'em like a violin
And I make it look oh so easy"

14. "Beautiful Ghosts"

"All that I wanted was to be wanted
Too young to wander London streets, alone and haunted
Born into nothing
At least you have something
Something to cling to
Visions of dazzling rooms I'll never get let into"

15. "Clean"

"Rain came pouring down when I was drowning
That's when I could finally breathe
And by morning, gone was any trace of you, I think I am finally clean"

16. "Cornelia Street - Live From Paris"

"I hope I never lose you, hope it never ends

I'd never walk Cornelia Street again
That's the kind of heartbreak time could never mend
I'd never walk Cornelia Street againAnd baby, I get mystified by how this city screams your name (city screams your name)
And baby, I'm so terrified of if you ever walk away
I'd never walk Cornelia Street again
I'd never walk Cornelia Street again"

17. "All Too Well"

"Hey, you call me up again just to break me like a promise
So casually cruel in the name of being honest
I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying here
'Cause I remember it all, all, all too well"

Honestly, this list is too short because there are so many other amazing songs that didn't make the cut. I'm so glad that I have officially converted into a Swiftie. I hope you took the time out of your day to listen to this incredibly talented woman and realize that anyone who doesn't think she's talented clearly has no music taste. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk!