5 Lines that All “Undecideds” are Fed and the Types of People Who Tell Them

All the banana bread in the world can't save me from the terrible truths of being undecided
3

All was well in the world -- you were able to succeed as you please until you hit college, where it turns out people expect that you know what you want to do with your life. Half the people are pre-med, many others are engineering or law students, and they’re going to do swimmingly after they leave. But you’re just an undecided, hearing these classic lines on the daily.

1. The Disappointed Parent:

Oh, you really don’t know what you want to major in? Why am I paying for your college, then?

2. The Guidance Counselor:

It’s okay; you’ll figure it out.

3. The Reassuring Friend:

You still have plenty of time.

4. The Trying-to-be-Helpful RA:

Well, what kinds of things do you like to do?

5. The Baffled Grandparent:

So you have no idea what you want to do in life? Just pick something that will make you happy and pay your bills. And find a spouse! Simple!

Where you want to be in 5 years even though it won’t really fly:

To all my fellow undecideds, good luck.