I Want To Live A Life Where I Am Unapologetically Me And Happy About It

I have been doing things for others for far too long, and I need a break.

149

As the semester is wrapping up, I have been feeling overwhelmed and a bit stuck. So I am taking my life and living it for myself. A lot of the time, I was doing things because I thought it was what I should be doing, not what I believed I wanted to do.

Enough is enough.

I want to live a life where I don't look over my shoulder all the time to see who is judging me. I don't want to live a life where every other night I am wide awake in my bed, crying about all the stress I have caused myself. This is the time for me to be selfish. For me to only do things that make me happy and that help me in life.

I know that might sound terrible and some people may form a different opinion about me. The great thing about this new revelation I am having is that I don't care. I have spent so many years caring on what others thought of me that I let it consume me and dictate my life. I can't do that anymore.

I want to live in a life where I can look back at myself and like what I see. I want to better myself, and as I am sitting here in my living room while my roommate plays gospel music in her room, I believe I can be this person.

This is a small reminder to myself and to many others that they should think for themselves, live life for themselves because it is their skin, their hopes, and dreams. It does not matter how long it will take you to become your true self, as long as you are progressing, you are smiling more and you are not letting the burdens of the world get to you.

If you are not, then you need to take a step back and take life 20 minutes at a time in order to conquer the rest of the day.