UFC On Fox 28: Emmett Vs. Stephens

UFC On Fox 28: Emmett Vs. Stephens

2 Lightweight Contenders Clash for a chance at a top 3 spot.

95
UFC On Fox 28: Emmett Vs. Stephens
Youtube.com

The UFC makes its return to Orlando, Florida on February 24th with a smash hit card as 2 titans in the Featherweight Division clash in the Main Event with #8 ranked Jeremy Stephens meeting #4 ranked Josh Emmet as the climb to the top of the division continues. #2 ranked Jessica Andrade collides with #5 ranked Tecia Torres in the women's strawweight division. #5 Ranked Light-heavyweight Ovince Saint Preux takes #8 ranked Ilir Latifi. And in the Welterweight division, Mike Perry faces off against Max Griffin to open up the Main Card.

Recently we have seen Jeremy Stephens at UFC Fight Night 124 where he headlined and defeated Doo Ho Choi via TKO in the 2nd round. Jeremy is on a 2-fight winning streak with both of them being Fight Of The Night award winners. Jeremy hopes to keep the streak alive but he faces a tough contender in Josh Emmet as Josh is coming off of the explosive knock out of Richardo Lamas in the 1st round at UFc On Fox 26. This bout has the fight of the night written all over it, also a knocked is pretty much gonna happen and one of these men will be higher in the rankings with a win.

In the Co-Main Event, top Contenders in the Woman's Strawweight Division Jessica Andrade meets Tecia Torres The last time Jessica Andrade was in the Octagon was at UFC Fight Night 117 where she dominated Claudia Gadelha and won by Unanimous Decision.

A win for Jessica can potentially set her up for a title shot after Rose/Joanna2 takes place and she could face the winner of that bout. Tecia was last seen at UFC 218 where she defeated Michelle Waterson by Unanimous decision, a win for Tecia can break her into the top 3 and also set her up for a title shot, this fight also has Fight Of The Night all over it.

Ovince Saint Preux is coming off of an impressive KO victory over Corey Anderson at UFC 217 which he walked away with a Performance Of The Night Reward, as a win for him over Latifi will only put Saint Preux closer to a title shot or potentially setting him up for about that could break him into the top 3 light-heavyweights in the world.

Latifi last faced Tyson Pedro at UFC 215 when he gave Tyson his first loss via decision, and another upset for Latifi can really break him into the top 5 Light-heavyweights as he can make a name for himself with this fight against Saint Preux.

And to open up the main card Platinum Mike Perry makes his return to the octagon after last being seen at UFC On Fox 26 where he lost to Santiago Ponzinibbio by Unanimous Decision. Mike hopes to get back into the Octagon and dust that Loss off as a Win for him in impressive fashion can easily break him into the top 15 in the welterweight division as he faces Max Griffin.

We last saw Max at UFC Fight Night 119 though he lost by unanimous decision, he did receive a fight of the night bonus. He has a very tough welterweight in front of him in Mike Perry and he can make a name for himself with a win.

On UFC Fight Pass 5 more fights will be held with Gilbert Burns taking on Olivier Aubin-Mercier, Sam Alvey faces Marcin Prachnio in the Light-heavyweight division. Bantamweights Rani Yahya takes on Russell Doane. In the Flyweight division Eric Shelton takes on Alex Perez, and the first card fight to start the event will be Albert Morales meeting Manny Bermudez in the Bantamweight Division.

The Preliminary Card on Fox is stacked as well with Renan Barao taking on Brian Kelleher in the Bantamweight Division. In the Woman's Bantamweight Division #7 ranked Sara Mcmann and #8 ranked Marion Reneau with both of these ladies hoping to get higher into the top 5. Woman's Strawweights Angela Hill faces off against #14 Marya Moroz. And in the Welterweight division, Ben Saunders meets Alan Jouban.