UFC Fight Night: Werdum Vs. Volkov

UFC Fight Night: Werdum Vs. Volkov

In London, England Fabricio Werdum Meets Alexander Volkov

141
UFC Fight Night: Werdum Vs. Volkov
Youtube.com

On March 17th UFC Fight Night 127 will be in London, England as The O2 Arena hosts the event. The Main event for the card will be a clash of Heavyweights as #3 ranked Fabricio Werdum takes on #8 ranked Alexander Volkov.

In the co-main event #4 ranked Jimi Manuwa faces #11 ranked light-heavyweight Jan Blachowicz. In the featherweight division, Tom Duquesnoy faces off against Terrion Ware. To open up the Main Card it will be a welterweight bout with #13 ranked Leon Edwards meeting Pete Sobotta.

The last time we saw the Former-Heavyweight Champion Fabricio was at UFC Fight Night 121 when he took on Marcin Tybura in the Main Event and also won by Unanimous Decision. Werdum has been on the climb back to the top of the mountain to reclaim what he feels is his, which is the UFC Heavyweight Championship.

Another win for Werdum will definitely have him in position to be the next in line for a shot at the belt after Miocic VS Cormier goes down and we find out the outcome of that match. Until then Fabricio has a good fight on his hands and another win under his belt will only continue to help solidify him as one of the greatest heavyweights to ever step into the octagon. Werdum has gone 3-2 in his last 5 fights.

Heavyweight Contender and Former-Bellator Heavyweight Champion Alexander Volkov was last seen at UFC Fight Night 115 were he defeated Stefan Struve by a vicious TKO in the 3rd round. Since entering the UFC in 2016 Alex has gone 3-0. As he continues his climb to the top of the Heavyweight Division he has a well-seasoned veteran in his way, that is Fabricio Werdum.

A win for Alexander would send shock waves through the division and easily send up into the top 5 with a finish that makes an impact. He also could be set up about with the #2 ranked heavyweight in the UFC which is Alistar Overeem.

In the Co-Main Event #4 ranked Jimi Manuwa will take on #11 Jan Blachowicz in a rematch. Jimi is coming off of a loss to Volkan Oezdemir which was at UFC 214 and is ready to make a statement in the division again.

Since making his debut in the UFC way back in 2012 Jimi has gone 6-3 and he hopes to get on the right path to potentially be the next contender for the title. A win for Jimi will not only give him another Victory over Jan but it can also set him up for a potential rematch with “No Time” Oezdemir.

Blachowicz was last seen at UFC on Fox 26 were he defeated Jared Cannonier via unanimous decision. A win for Jan will definitely send him higher up into the rankings, possibly even breaking into the top 5 with a victory over Manuwa. Since he faced Jimi back at UFC Fight Night 64, Jan has gone 3-4, so honestly, a victory over Jimi would be really big for him and a real good look.

Featherweights are set to square off as Tom Duquesnoy takes on Terrion Ware. Tom has gone 15-2 in his MMA career and another victory for him can open up the division for him as he would get closer to breaking into the Top 15 and being ranked. Tom was last seen at UFC 216 but he lost to Cody Stamann Via Split Decision.

Terrion Ware was last seen at the Ultimate Fighter 26 Finale when he took on upcoming star Sean O'Malley but he lost via Unanimous. Since making his UFC debut Ware has gone 0-2 but can easily turn it around with a victory, as he begins his climb through the division.

To open up the Main Card Welterweights collide as #15 ranked Leon Edwards defends his top 15 ranking against Peter Sobotta. We last seen Leon at UFC Fight Night 115 were he caught a victory by unanimous decision over Bryan Barberena. Leon is 14-3 in his MMA Career and he hopes to get another victory and make a statement in the division this weekend.

We last seen Peter at UFC Fight Night 109 were he defeated Ben Saunders By TKO in the 2nd round, Since returning to the UFC in 2014, Peter has gone 4-1 in the octagon and an impressive victory for him can break him into the top 15, it will be an exciting night in England!