UFC Fight Night 128: Barboza Vs Lee

UFC Fight Night 128: Barboza Vs Lee

Lightweights Clash to Climb the Division

45
UFC Fight Night 128: Barboza Vs Lee
Youtube.com

On April 21st in Atlantic City, New Jersey at Boardwalk Hall, UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs. Lee will be lighting up the night with a fantastic card for the Mix Martial Arts world. #4 Ranked Edson Barboza faces #7 ranked Kevin Lee in the Lightweight Division for the Main Event. In the Co-Main Event, the Rematch in the Featherweight Division between #3 ranked Frankie Edgar faces #4 ranked Cub Swanson in one of the rematches of the year.

In the Heavyweight Division, Justin Willis takes on Chase Sherman. Middleweights meet in the octagon as #8 ranked David Branch meets #11 ranked Thiago Santos. Bantamweights square off with #8 ranked Aljamain Sterling facing #14 ranked Brett Johns. To open up the Main Card it will be Jim Miller facing Dan Hooker in the Lightweight Division.

We last saw Edson Barboza at UFC 219 when he faced the now newly crowned UFC Lightweight Champion Khabib Nurmagomedov but was dominated and lost via Unanimous decision. Edson is looking to turn it around after that loss and take the lessons he learned with him to his upcoming fight with Kevin Lee.

A win for Edson can potentially set him up for a shot at getting closer to a title shot. Kevin Lee is returning to the octagon with intentions of getting a win and breaking into the Top 5 rankings in the Lightweight Division. The Motown Phenom is also coming off of a loss in his last bout, he faced Tony Ferguson for the Interim-title at UFC 216 but lost via triangle-choke in the 3rd round. Kevin can shake that loss off with a win over a top contender Edson Barboza.

A Rematch to look forward too is Cub Swanson taking on Frankie Edgar. We last saw Frankie Edgar recently at UFC 222 where he received his first knockout defeat at the hands of "T-City" Brian Ortega. Frankie is looking to get another victory over Cub to get back on track to possibly try and get another shot at Brian Ortega or Champion Max Holloway.

Cub Swanson is also coming off of a loss to Brian Ortega as he faced him at UFC Fight Night 123 and lost via Guillotine Choke in the 3rd round. Cub would like to settle the score is Frankie and get a victory over him while putting his recent loss behind him.

Heavyweight will clash as Justin Willis meets Chase Sherman in an explosive bout. Justin is walking into this fight with a 6 fight win streak and is looking to improve upon the last victory he had. Recently Justin defeated Allen Crowder by Knockout in the 1st round at UFC 218.Chase Sherman is looking to move forward from his Knockout loss to Shamil Abdurakhimov at UFC Fight Night 122 and put a dent in the plans of Justin Willis.

We last seen #8 ranked middleweight David Branch at UFC Fight Night 116 where he was defeated by Luke Rockhold via Submission to Strikes in the 2nd round. A win for David can put him on the right to begin to rebuild his winning streak and get towards breaking into the top 5 contenders in the division.

Thiago Santos is coming off of an impressive victory over Anthony Smith when he defeated him by TKO in the 2nd round. A Win for Thiago can definitely break him into the Top 10 fighters of the Middleweight Division and it would make a huge statement.

Brett Johns is entering this bout against Aljamain Sterling with his Undefeated streak on the line. He is currently 15-0 in his Mix Martial Arts Career and another win for him will only push him closer to title contention. He is coming off of a victory over Joe Soto at The Ultimate Fighter 26 finale, whom he defeated by Calf Slicer Submission in the 1st round.

Aljamain Sterling is coming off of a Knockout loss to Marlon Moraes at UFC Fight Night 123 with a chance to derail the undefeated streak that Brett careers. A Win for Aljamain can only put him higher in the rankings and possibly set up a future bout with Marlon after his bout with Jimi Riveria.

To open up the Main Card it will be Jim Miller facing Dan Hooker. Jim Miller is currently on a 3 fight losing streak with his most recent coming from Francisco Trinaldo at UFC Fight Night 119 via Unanimous Decision. Jim is looking to really shake these losses off of him and upset Dan Hooker in the opening of the card. Dan is coming off a Guillotine Choke victory over Marc Diakiese and is currently on a 2 fight win streak. A win for Dan can improve him win streak and get him closer to potentially breaking into the top 15 lightweights in the division.