UFC Fight Night 126

UFC Fight Night 126

UFC Fight Night: Cowboy vs. Medeiros
46

On February 18th, which is this Sunday the UFC will make its return to Austin, Texas as the Frank Erwin Center hosts UFC Fight Night: Cowboy Vs Medeiros. The night will be full of brawls leading up to the Main Event as the Main Card is not a card you wanna miss. With the Main Event being #11 ranked Welterweight "Cowboy" Donald Cerrone taking on #15 ranked Welterweight Yancy Medeiros in a potential Fight Of The Night Bout.

The Co-Main Event will be between 2 HUGE Heavyweight Contenders, as #6 ranked Derrick Lewis faces off against #8 Marcin Tybura. Lightweights go at it as #12 ranked James Vick versus #14 ranked Francisco Trinaldo. Another pair of Welterweights are set to clash as Thiago Alves goes up against Curtis Millender. Jessica Aguilar takes on Livia Renata Souza in the women's strawweight division. And to open up the card Lightweight's Sage Northcutt will face Thibault Gouti.

To open up the card lightweight sensation Sage Northcutt will be taking on a tough opponent who is Thibault Gouti. Thibault won his last fight on September 2nd at UFC Fight Night 115 against Andrew Holbrook via TKO in the 1st round. But Thibault has gone 1-3 in his last 4 fights, a win over Sage can really put him in the right direction in the lightweight division. But Sage Northcutt is also coming off of a victory which was a clear unanimous decision over Michel Quinones at UFC Fight Night 120. Sage is 2-2 in his last 4 fights, needless to say, a win for both of these gentlemen can do good things for them.

2 The woman in the Strawweight division battle it out to with hopes of getting closer to breaking into the top 15 rankings as 26-year-old 11-1 Livia Renata Souza meets 19-6 Jessica Aguilar. Livia is making her UFC Debut but she brings with her the experience that made her a dominant factor in Invicta. She hopes to make a name for herself and make a stamp in the division for all the contenders to be on the lookout.

We last have seen Jessica at UFC 211: Miocic Vs Dos Santos 2 where she lost to Cortney Casey-Sanchez losing via Unanimous Decision. Jessica has gone 0-2 since making her UFC Debut but she looks to turn things around and shut down the debut of the newcomer Livia Souza.

Thiago Alves Steps into the octagon once again against a new tough contender to the UFC that is Curtis Millender who is also making his debut in the Welterweight Division and the organization. Thiago was last in action at UFC 210 where he faced off against Patrick Cote and he won by unanimous decision.

In his UFC career, Thiago is 14-8 in his UFC career, he hopes to add another tally in the win column as the veteran meets the newcomer. Curtis is making his appearance in the UFC with a professional record of 14-3, he has his eye on shutting down the UFC veteran and kicking off his path to UFC gold the right way and impress the world.

In the Lightweight Division #12 ranked James Vicks takes on #14 ranked Francisco Trinaldo. We last saw the "Texecutioner" James Vick at UFC 217 when he defeated Joe Duffy by TKO and improved to a 12-1 record. A win for Vick could very well break him into the top 10 or a potential bout with a top 10 contender. Trinaldo was last seen at UFC Fight Night 119 when he defeated MMA Veteran Jim Miller by unanimous decision. A Win for Trinaldo will definitely put him closer to the top 10 as he could upset Duffy and possibly have a big bout coming out of this.

2 dominant figures in the Heavyweight Division collide in a heck of a fight when #6 ranked Derrick Lewis meets #8 ranked Marcin Tybura as they both cross each others path to the Heavyweight title. We last saw Derrick Lewis take on Mart Hunt at UFC Fight Night 110 where he, unfortunately, lost via TKO in the 4th round, a win for Derrick can really make him bounce back as he has said if he wins he will call out Francis Ngannou.

We last saw Marcin take on Fabricio Werdum at UFC Fight Night 114 where the Veteran Fabricio defeated Tybura by unanimous decision. A win for Tybura can help him shake off that loss and potentially set him up for a rematch with Fabricio at some point or a top 5 heavyweight contender.

And finally, the Main Event is in the Welterweight division as #11 ranked Donald Cerrone meets #15 Yancy Medeiros in the octagon as we are expecting fight works as soon as the ref calls for the start of the 1st round. Yancy is coming off of a tremendous victory to the other "Cowboy", Cowboy Oliveria. With both fighters throwing bombs at each other from the start and both being hurt multiple times, it would be Yancy who would beat Oliveria with brutal punches in the 3rd round via TKO and also winning Fight OF The Year with that fight.

Yancy hopes to put on a show again and just defeat Cerrone which will get him closer to breaking into the Top 10. We last seen Donald Cerrone at UFC Fight Night 118 when he was dismantled by Contender Darren Till in the very 1st round. Cowboy Cerrone is 0-3 in his last 3 fights in the UFC, he hopes to upset Yancy and get back on the road to breaking into the top 10 and redeeming these last few losses.