UFC Fight Night 125: Machida Vs Anders

UFC Fight Night 125: Machida Vs Anders

The Dragon Returns to face a Undefeated Contender.

90
UFC Fight Night 125: Machida Vs Anders
Bloodyelbow.com

The UFC returns to Brazil but makes their first visit to Belem, Brazil on February 3rd at the Guilherme Paraense Multisport Arena hosts UFC Fight Night 125. In the Main Event #13 ranked Lyoto Machida faces off against Eryk Anders in the Middleweight Division. Since his return into the octagon from suspension in October 2017, "The Dragon" Lyoto Machida is 0-1. That most recent loss was at the hands of Derek Brunson via Knockout in the first round.

Lyoto hopes to put that loss behind him and shut down the undefeated 10-0 Eryk Anders. "Ya Boi" Eryk Anders has been making a name for himself in the Middleweight Division with his eyes set on breaking into the top 15 rankings in the middleweights. A win over the MMA veteran will definitely push him into the rankings. Eryk has most recently met Markus Perez at UFC Fight Night: Swanson Vs Ortega, were he won by Unanimous Decision. He also has a knockout victory over the now-retired Rafael Natal.

In the Bantamweight Division #8 ranked John Dodson takes on #11 Pedro Munhoz. Since Dodson faced and was defeated by the Champion Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson he has 2 wins and 2 losses. In his last fight against Marlon Moraes he lost via Unanimous Decision. A win for Dodson can put him in the right direction for a potential rematch with Mighty Mouse at some point. A win for Dodson can also place him higher in the rankings within the bantamweight division.

Pedro Munhoz hopes to turn his current 4 fight win streak into a 5 fight win streak with a victory over Dodson. Pedro last faced Rob Font at UFC Fight Night 119 were he won by submission in the 1st round. he also won The Performance Of The Night Award. A win for Pedro will also send him higher into the rankings and put him on the right path for a shot at the title within this year or the next if he continues to put his opponents away.

Valentina Shevchenko has her eyes on gold as she makes her move down to the Flyweight Division as she faces off against the Undefeated Priscila Cachoeira who is 8-0 and is making her debut in the UFC. Valentina last faced Bantamweight Champion Amanda Nunes at UFC 215 where she felt she lost to a controversial decision at the hands of the judges.

The fight was a very close back and forth fight but during the post-fight press conference she addressed her disappointment with the decision but that she understands and respects the scores at the end of the night. Priscila makes her UFC Debut with plenty of eyes on her as she already has made a name for herself in the Mix Martial Arts World. With a Victory ver drugs already under her belt she hopes to turn her debut into a spoiling surprise for Valentina's debut in the Flyweight Division.

In the Lightweight division. Desmond Green versus Michel Prazeres. Desmond Green is 1-1 since he made his debut in the UFC in 2017. He has a split decision victory over the powerful Josh Emmet, but most recently he lost to Rustom Khabilov via Unanimous Decision at UFC Fight Night 115. Michel was also last seen at Fight Night 115 were he won by submission over Mads Burnell. Michel is currently on a 5 fight win streak. A win for both fighters could break them into the rankings.

Two Heavyweights square off as #15 ranked Timothy Johnson takes on Marcelo Golm. Tim Johnson lost his last fight by TKO to Junior Albini. He hopes to turn everything around with a win over the undefeated 6-0 Marcelo Golm. We last have seen Golm at Fight Night 119 where he beat Christian Colobo by submission.

The last fight on the Main Card is a bout in the Middleweight Division between Thiago Santos and Anthony Smith. Thiago is currently on a 3 fight win streak with all 3 being devasting TKO victories. Anthony Smith isalso on a 3 fight win strak with 2 being by TKo and 1 via Knockout. So there is some what a guarentee that someones lights will be put out.

Catch it February 3rd on FS1, 10PM/7PM ETPT.