8 Events To Try At UD This Weekend

8 Events To Try At UD This Weekend

Go out and experience new things.

347
8 Events To Try At UD This Weekend

College is the most amazing time of your life, but sometimes it can become a drag. Having the same routine day in and day out. UD offers different opportunities for students to experience each weekend on campus. Here are a few you should check out:

1. Perkins Live

Each Friday Night the student center puts on different events for students to go to. It usually involves free food and prizes.

2. Trabant Now 

This event takes place on Saturday night and is similar to Perkins Live. However, different organizations from campus usually sponsor this event. It can be anything from a spa sorority night to a small concert.

3. SCPAB Movies 

These movies happen each weekend in Trabant Theater. It's fun to bring friends along to see some of the latest movies that have just left the box office. It's a cheap way to spend a Friday night.

4. Sporting Events 

Football is in season, and there's no better way to show your school spirit than by going out to a sporting event. If you're not into football, there's usually free giveaways for the first thousand students that show up.

5. Dorm Events 

Residence Life and Housing like to try and bring their students together. If your dorm is having an event, go! It's a great way to meet new people or just have fun with your already made friends.

6. Club Trips 

Most clubs usually take their trips on the weekends. If you're super passionate about something, join the club! More often than not you'll get to go out and actually experience what you love first hand, and it gets you off campus for a few hours.

7. UDairy 

It's just a short bus ride away for a yummy treat. If your Saturday afternoon is dragging and you need to stop studying for that exam take a trip to South Campus. What makes it all the better is that they except Flex, so no money out of your own pocket!

8. Main Street 

Tired of the dining hall food? The beauty of UD is having Main Street right at your disposal. There's dozens of restaurants and many very affordable for a student's budget.

The University Of Delaware truly tries to make every single student have a special college experience. So, if you're a student, or just passing through, take some time to enjoy what it has to offer.