8 Thoughts Everyone Has When They're Being Chauffeured Around By Uber Or Lyft

Is it okay if I take aux?
61

Odds are if you're a college student, then the apps Uber and Lyft are two of your biggest companions throughout the school year. Whether you're trying to get home after the bar, are in some desperate need of Chipotle, or are just late to class, you probably spend a ridiculous amount of money and time in these car rides with complete strangers. However, you have to admit that these car rides make for some pretty good memories. If you've ever found yourself in an Uber or a Lyft, you've probably found yourself in one of these dilemmas:

1. "Should I start a conversation?"

It's always awkward getting into a car without the driver initially saying anything. So the choice is yours: do you spend the duration of this ride in silence or in painful small talk?

2. "Can I ask for the aux?"

On the rare occasion, your driver is playing bangers, you're probably not vibing with their choice of music. Is it appropriate to ask to play your music in a car that's not yours? Probably not, but worth a shot.

3. "Why are they asking me personal questions?"

Some Ubers are a little upfront when making conversation with you. Unfortunately, I'm not interested in spilling my life to you, and to be honest, I'm not that interested in finding out that much about yours.

4. "Do I comment on their driving?"

When you're scared for your life in a stranger's car, it's a little tempting to comment on their speed. After all, you are paying for the ride. I'm trying to get from Point A to Point B, not the hospital, dude!

5. "Where do I sit?"

If you're ubering alone, you may ask the age-old question: Do I take shotgun or sit in the back? There's not really a correct answer to this, hate to say.

6. "Do you think we can squeeze?"

When you only have one extra person, one might be a little hesitant to spend the extra cash for an Uber XL vs X. If your Uber is chill, hopefully, they won't mind if you double-buckle.

7. "Why is this taking so long?"

If you've been waiting for more than five minutes, you're probably getting a little impatient. However, with Uber's new rules, you will still be charged whether or not your ride does arrive, so you might as well stick it out.

8. "Is this the right car?"

Sometimes it's a little hard to tell the difference between a blue and black car or a Honda and Ford, especially in the dark. You may risk the awkwardness of approaching a car that just isn't an Uber, but you might as well take your chances.