The Different Types Of College Students Everyone Knows, As Told By The Cast Of "Friends"

They’re all kids at heart, and that’s why we love them so much.

238
Big Dipper

Friends is a television series watched by college students everywhere, mainly because of the realistic and hilarious cast. Although the six New York City pals are all in their twenties throughout the course of the show, we all can relate to them a lot more than we may think.

Joey Tribbiani - Always Asks to be Swiped In

Even though “Joey doesn’t share food,” it’s September and he’s already used all of his meal points. Although I’m sure he has his ways of scraping by- maybe stealing people’s leftovers from the trash- containing Joey on a traditional campus meal plan (even on the largest level) would realistically just never work out. You’d likely find him at the doors of the dining hall begging for someone to swipe him into the all-you-can-eat buffet where he’d load up on sandwiches and pizza.

Monica Geller- Teacher's Pet

Although Monica’s most prominent trait is her obsession with cleanliness, her competitive nature comes as a close second. However, she’s aware of her madness and chooses not to fight it. During season 8 of the series, Monica and Joey take it upon themselves to participate in a cooking class, an activity that Monica knows is her strong suit.

As she virtually begs continuously for praise from her instructor, she recognizes the annoyance she has caused in the classroom and says to her classmates “I know you all hate me, and I’m sorry, but I don’t care.” If in college, Monica’s mind would constantly swarm with potential methods to outshine and surpass her classmates, one of which would undeniably involve sucking up to her professor.

Chandler Bing - Out to Lunch

Let’s face it, Chandler has no idea what’s really going on 90% of the time. However, he is always there for witty comments and sarcastic comebacks that can always give us a chuckle. Although very bright, Chandler is not the person to go to when you need advice or homework help, but he can for sure take your mind off of it by blabbing about random things or telling perfectly-planned jokes.

Rachel Green - Sleeping with the Professor

While not necessarily known for “taking the high road,” Rachel commonly schemes her way into getting what she wants, and out of what she doesn’t. Rachel would undoubtedly prefer to be throwing it back on Frat Row every Thirsty Thursday rather than staying in to work on a “lame-o” research paper. To keep up with her social status, it wouldn’t be surprising to see Rachel actively pursuing her professor, a method which would benefit both her academics and the sleazy side of her personality.

Phoebe Buffay - Undecided and Can’t Decide

Although better known as “Regina Flange” or “Princess Consuela Banana Hammock,” Phoebe Buffay is the type to truly bask in all of the knowledge college has to offer, but never really know what to do with it. Although at most universities this is not frowned upon, Phoebe’s academic plan would likely consist of random GenEd’s and about 4 major-change request forms each semester.

Ross Geller - Homework Plug

On Monday at 8 a.m. after a rough weekend, you’ll undeniably find Ross listening attentively to his professor and rapidly taking notes in his seat. Ross is the guy whose phone number you’ve always had, but only text him when you need the notes from a class that you missed. He’s far too stubborn to admit that this is the only thing he brings to the table, so if you’re feeling sh***y and debating whether to drag yourself out of bed for that Friday 8 a.m., hit snooze because Ross has got you covered.