My Two Accidents In The Course Of Two Days

Two Accidents In Two Days

A story time of my bad luck.

55
https://pixabay.com/en/questions-board-blackboard-font-2212771/

The last week and a half have been full of bad luck. Some things that happened were small, but other things were bigger unlucky events. I'm going to tell you about my two accidents in two days.

The first accident that happened was worse. No one got hurt and my car was without damage, thankfully. This is what happened.

So, I was leaving my friend's house and I didn't know how to get out of his neighborhood. So, I turned down this street before I realized it was a dead end. The street was narrow and there were cars all along the one side of the road because a house on the street was having a party.

I was looking for a driveway to turn in, but I was scared to turn in the driveway because there was a car across from the only driveway I could turn into and I didn't want to hit it. So, I decided just to reverse down the street and all of a sudden...

*BOOM*.

My rear bumper hit the rear bumper of a guy's 2017 Lincoln.

Thankfully, people were already outside talking and came over to me as I got out of the car. I asked them whose car it was and they got the guy, along with the guy whose house it was, who happened to be the fire chief of the town I was in.

The owner of the car was obviously upset, but he was glad no one was hurt and he was very kind to me about the situation, probably because I was SOBBING.

The fire chief called his cop friend to come to assess the situation and, thankfully, I didn't get a ticket.

The next accident happened the next night while I was leaving work, but I didn't even know it happened until the next day.

My mom woke me up and said, "Do you have anything to tell us?" Immediately, I was confused and asked what the heck she was talking about.

"There's an OC cop on the phone. You hit a cop bike leaving work yesterday."

I was so confused because, yeah, I did feel a bump, but I thought it was the bump in the road I usually go over while pulling into my parking space. Since I did feel a bump, while I was leaving, I looked over to where I was parked and I saw nothing there.

If I did see something there, I obviously would've gotten out and got someone. Since I didn't see anything, I just drove home thinking it was just the very uneven pavement I usually go over.

When I went into work that day, my boss showed me the footage from the camera so I could see what happened.

I was at my car, unlocking it, and my coworker walked past me and the cop on her way to the car. While she was walking to her car and I was getting in, he put his bike RIGHT BEHIND my car. He obviously saw at least her and my car lights as I got in.

Obviously, since my boss showed the sergeant the video that showed it was the cop's fault, I wasn't in trouble and the damages to the bike were being handled internally.

So, if I learned anything from these two experiences, it's to drive cautiously and always look behind you, even before getting into the car. If you're reading this, learn from my mistakes and try not to hit a cop bike at work because your boss WILL roast you every day after.

Drive safe!! xx