A Definitive Ranking Of Every Song From Twenty One Pilots' "Trench"

In case you've been living under a rock, my favorite band, twenty one pilots, is back and better than ever. Along with an announcement for new music, the band has undergone a bit of image reconstruction. This era of their music has been dubbed the "Trench Era" after the title of their new album and the key color of their new image is neon yellow. Since their initial comeback, the band has announced a massive tour, produced brand new merchandise, and released three new singles with their accompanying music videos.

The newest member to join the "Trench" family is the album itself.

The album has had decent fan reviews thus far and many fans are comparing it to two of their previous albums, "Twenty One Pilots" and "Vessel." I can see some similarities between "Trench" and "Vessel," but I don't notice a strong comparison except for a few songs. Nevertheless, "Trench" is a great album of theirs and the hard work and creativity that Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun put into it are impossible not to notice.

But, like any good fan, I walked away from the album liking some songs a bit more than others. Here are all of the songs from "Trench," ranked from "Not my favorite but you still cute though" to "W O W":

"Jumpsuit"

The first single was great and left an immediate impact as the first song from "Trench," but it pales in comparison to some of the other songs on the album.

"Nico And The Niners"

East is up! (Or down, in terms of the ranking of this song, the second single from "Trench").

"Legend"

This song reminds me so much of "House of Gold" and I really loved it the first few times I listened to it but it's not all that memorable when I think of my favorite songs from "Trench."

"Leave the City"

I've listened to this song the least out of every song on the album and it doesn't really stand out that much. However, the lyrics are incredibly symbolic and the song is still great.

"Levitate"

This song is so. damn. good. I hate that it's so low on this list and I came close to switching it with "Pet Cheetah" but, for now, let's just say they're tied. (According to a recent Reddit AMA, this is also Josh's current favorite song).

"Pet Cheetah"

Okay. Let me be frank. The beat to this song freakin' bumps but I can't help but laugh every time he uses his (fake) pet cheetah, who he named Jason Statham, as a metaphor.

"My Blood"

This is my favorite single from the album and the last of the four to be released. Unfortunately, however, I've listened to it so much that I'm starting to get tired of it at this point.

"Bandito"

This song is just the slightest bit corny and, now that I think about it, it reminds me of "Westworld." However, it's still pretty great.

"Smithereens"

What can I say about this song that hasn't already been said? It's adorable and romantic and I love it, but "Tear in My Heart" might be the better of the Jenna-inspired songs.

"Chlorine"

Ugh. This is where things get tricky. The first few times I listened to this song I was absolutely obsessed and it was originally number 2 on this list, but I realized some other songs have stuck in my brain more.

"The Hype"

This song (and the other three in front of it) is freakin' spectacular. The title makes me cringe just the slightest but the beat and lyrics are incredible.

"Neon Gravestones"

This song, by far, has the absolute best lyrics of any song on the album. It's symbolic, emotional, and relevant and, overall, it's a great song.

"Morph"

Originally, this song wasn't so high on this list. However, my friend would not stop talking about it and she got me hooked. Tyler's lyrics are genius and I have literally nothing bad to say about it.

"Cut My Lip"

I love this song so much it hurts and I knew it would be my favorite the first time I heard it. I can now say without hesitation that it's one of my favorite twenty pilots songs of all time. (According to a recent Reddit AMA, this is also Tyler's current favorite song).