A Review of The Royals

So the new E! show "The Royals" aired and it was a complete hit! This is the first scripted series from this television channel and, surprisingly, the reviews were amazing.

Elizabeth Hurley comes back to the screen better than ever as the Queen of England, allowing her to rule the country as well as her family, the monarchy. Her two children, played by Alexandra Park and William Moseley, are just two normal teenagers that party and want to hang out, but they have the queen and king breathing down their back since they are next in line for the throne. I don't want to give away too much about the show before people get a chance to watch it, but "The Royals" is basically about the British royal family and how they have to live up to the expectations of the public without letting the modern world get in their ways.

The show gives the viewers insight into the monarchy and how they deal with being on top and looked up to in the public eye. The audience gets to see the kids partying at the clubs and living their fancy lifestyle which looks like a dream for some and a nightmare for others. The relationships between the royal family and the common man is shown in how the queen thinks she is better than everyone else, but some other characters think that they are similar to the normal people. The relationship between the prince and a non-royal that lives in the house shows how he is the future of the monarchy and feels bad for the general public. The split between the people of London and the royals is interesting to see, and the gossip and way that it is shown is sure to keep you interested and want to keep watching.

The elegant lifestyle that they live and the problems that they deal with on the daily will surely draw in a huge amount of age groups and I think that the ratings will continue to rise. I think that this show will continue to be a hit in the future!