Truths About Being a Pre-Med Student

Truths About Being a Pre-Med Student

Facts not theories!

132
Truths About Being a Pre-Med Student
pixabay

Before you attend college, you more or less have your major set in mind. Whether it be business, law, art, or science related, you have a specific track you take in order to achieve your goal. As a constantly struggling Pre-Med student, I have some truths to tell about being in this difficult path.

1. Coffee is your Best Friend

This goes true with mostly everyone, but I consumed so much coffee before class, while studying, before going into long labs, and just all the time.*Shots Shots Shots!! (of Espresso)* If you showed up to biology without a coffee, I applaud you because I don't know HOW you lasted through that class without something distracting you from the tempting offer of sleeping while your professor drones on about something that won't even be on the exam.

2. Your camera roll is anything, but normal

You're gonna be taking pictures of quizzes, notes, and most of all, slides in lab. At one point, my camera roll for a month was strictly pictures of slides and dissections. It wasn't the most pleasing to look at on a daily basis, but it sure did help me study, so it's fine. (Real time footage of my camera roll)

3. The moment of panic when you forget your i-Clicker

There is nothing worse than when you walk into class, sit down, and realize you forgot your i-Clicker in your dorm. WHY did you let yourself do something so careless? You showed up to class and you wanna receive credit, but you can't even participate in class because you forgot the one thing you needed. It's the little things that are always the most important, but also easiest to forget.

4. You've cried more than normal

I can't count how many breakdowns my friends and I have had while studying. You kinda just get in fetal position, grab your comfort food, and cry for like 5 minutes then suck it up because you can't waste any more of your studying time! Biology and chemistry get so hard you find tears streaming down your face for no reason. Here's the equation to the death of me!!

5. The joy of finding a Quizlet

Quizlet of quiz-LIT? I have praised the Lord so much when I find a quizlet for the quizzes I'm studying for. I want to thank all of those who put their quizlets on public and blessing the community. There is a special place for you in Heaven for sharing your knowledge. Thank you!!

6. Understanding science jokes

Let me tell you, when I see a science joke or meme on Facebook I understand, I feel like frickin' Charles Darwin. But it's just the appreciation of your learning that came in handy in an unexpected situation. Go you!! Stay laughing at science jokes, ya nerd.

7. Seeing your friends drop Pre-Med

It is ALWAYS sad seeing your friends from class decide Pre-Med isn't what they wanted and they're going to drop. After freshman year, people drop like flies. And once they have their mind set on dropping, there is no changing their mind... I'll miss dying with y'all in chemistry, but I'll see you on the flip side.

8. You constantly remind yourself of why you're going through this torture

2 words: MEDICAL SCHOOL. You have to remind yourself: you just need to get into med school. This is all for your dream and you have to do all you can. Every bio test and every lab practical are all small steps into achieving your dreams that seem so distant. But, you can do it! Always keep fighting on... it'll slowly get better.