Trust The Process

Trust The Process

Life is full of ups and downs, but knowing how to move along with them makes all the difference.

95
https://unsplash.com/photos/RP6Ba_6U154
Nathan McBride

In life, people have many experiences. Different people will experience different things, but all people will have good and bad experiences of their own. In the midst of a good experience, you may feel like you're unstoppable; that the world is your oyster and that the stars all aligned just for you.

On the other hand, when dealing with a negative experience, you may feel as though your life is ending and that you'll never be happy again or get to the other side of your problem. These are such drastically different responses. How one event can happen and you feel unstoppable and then feel like you hit rock bottom the next day? It's so crazy to me. All of the twists and turns, the ups and downs, the highs and lows - all of which make up your life.

When I scroll through Twitter and Instagram (at least a few times a day), I will almost always read/see someone complaining about something. These posts are prominent on Twitter. People saying things like "my life sucks" or "I wish I was grown up" or "how will I ever get through this." With that being said, when I was younger I also tweeted messages like that. I made those tweets because I hadn't learned yet to trust the process.

When I was in high school, I was super self-conscious and was always worried about what others thought of me. It would really upset me if one of my friends and I seemed like we were growing apart, or if someone didn't like me or someone didn't like what I wore to school that day.

I later realized I was wasting a lot of energy on things I couldn't control and I started to trust more. I started to trust that things would work out in the end. That I would make new friends. That I would not care what others thought of me as long as I knew what I thought of myself. I started to let things go more and to trust and it really made a huge difference in my life.

It's easy to stress yourself out, to worry about the future or if things will work out. And once you start thinking these thoughts they begin to feed off each other and one causes another one and so on. However, by trusting that things will work out and everything is going to be okay will silence those negative thoughts. I like to remind myself that unexpected things in life will happen, but its how you choose to react to them that makes the difference. So choose to trust, to let go, and to remember that most things in life are temporary and you will get through it.