can we trust the government

It seems every day I am losing more trust in the government.

The downfall of trust has been ongoing for many years, mine dates back to the Lincoln administration. It is no recent matter. The government has been corrupting itself for years and no generation has done anything to solve the problem. The adding national debt, corrupt taxes, failing social security, and an unsecured, southern border.

There is only one solution to the problems at hand and that is to call for a Convention of The States. Also known as a Constitutional Convention, states can outpower congress when voting in a 75% majority.

Since the founding of our country we have seen what some would call "good" presidents and what some would call "bad" presidents. In my opinion, the corruption began after President Andrew Jackson's term. He was the last president to have no national debt.

Secrets are another topic. Why does the government want to keep Area 51 so secretive? Why can the public not know officially what happened to cause president Kennedy's assassination ? The government, especially the CIA, is keeping too much from its citizens.

My biggest concern with the government would be laws, tyrannical laws especially. "We The People" have sat back, and allowed tyrants to control congress, and even the White House. In the word's of Donald Trump, "drain the swamp", he definitely campaigned to do that, but i've seen little effort.

We have allowed numerous gun laws to be passed, and even the National Rifle Association has sat idly by and watched freedoms being ripped from us. The second amendment ends with "Shall not be infringed" those four words define the law and the tyrannies involved. This means Gun permits, background checks, and even assault weapons bans are ALL unconstitutional.

The fact is government is corrupt, there is no other way to describe it. I supported President Trump because I was done with the democratic party, I wanted to see a change and that is what we received. But ole' Donnie isn't everything he was made to seem. Donald Trump has supported gun control laws, he is weakening the punishment for border crossings, and he still has not begun that damn border wall he wouldn't stop talking about.

This isn't just Trump though, Ronald Reagan issued gun laws that even Barack Obama failed to see as constitutional, so he repealed them.

Call me what you want and say what you please, it will not offend me. My beliefs on this topic are firm and I will not back down. I refuse to allow OUR rights to be taken.

DON'T TREAD ON ME. Molon labe

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787, in Papers of Jefferson, ed. Boyd et al.)

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." (Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764)

What country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure.~ Thomas Jefferson letter to William Smith.