I’m Learning Not To Marry My Plans And It’s Proving To Be OK

Choosing to trust God instead of worrying.

140

With school season approaching and all of the commitments that come with a new season, it's easy to get swept up in our own plans. Scheduling this and that to the finest detail and stressing about making it all work is far too common, however this new season of my life I've been challenged to let go and walk into purpose.

I'll write it as simple as the thought came to me: "Allow God to do what he wants to do in your life, you won't regret it." For me, this screams BUCKLE UP AND PREPARE FOR A CHALLENGE, because "allowing God to do what he wants" means that I'll have to relinquish my license to operate as a control freak.

Just keep it honest, I used to relentlessly pursue what it was that I planned for myself as if my efforts were the only ones in the equation. WRONG, I've been planning my life since I was five years old. WHY? I have no clue, but if I had to guess I'd probably credit it to my vivid imagination that was always creating perceptions that appeared "better" than my reality. And so, as a young girl I subconsciously began creating an entire life for myself all mapped out to the tiniest detail of what I wanted this and that to be.

As I've grown and watched many of these plans fail I've come to the conclusion that only what's meant for me will last; and what's meant is God's plan... *cues Drake*. So again, how does one manage this …. take it one day at a time and keep your spirit open for the unexpected to occur. Don't think any harder than you work and ensure to pray for the clarity and discernment to walk through the doors that are being opened for you.

No matter how hectic the schedule looks in these upcoming months, remember if you "allow God to do what he wants to do in your life, you won't regret it."