I'm a planner. I tend to plan out every detail of my life.

I used to have a plan that I was going to graduate high school, go to college, then law school, then get married and have a family. That would put me at approximately age 28 or 29 before getting married.

Well, I learned that God had a different plan. Now, I'm getting married next year at age 20.

I'm still in college and I'm still planning on eventually going to law school. I haven't changed all my plans.

Yet, for the first time ever, I think I'm OK with not knowing my future.

As a Christian, I've struggled over and over with my sense of control. I like to think that I'm in control of my life and get to plan what happens. But that's not our reality. God is in control. And He has even better plans for my life, and these plans always prevail. I usually learn this the hard way. God calls me to do something and I fight it until I can't fight anymore. God wins, and I always realize in the end that He was right.

I'm recognizing now that I need to put God first. Not my plans.

If I put God first, all my plans will align to glorify Him. He will use my experiences, gifts, and talents not only to bring glory to Himself, but also to bless me. Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." He orchestrates plans for good for those who love Him. Loving Him means putting Him before all else.

I want to live a life fully on fire on God. I don't want to live a half-hearted Christianity that the majority of Christians live today. I want everything in my life to be truly centered on God. I want all of my decisions to be driven by God, not by me. But that means I need to fully surrender everything to Him, including my plans.

Even though I have a plan for my life, I'm willing to listen for God's voice if He says to change it. Even though I have a plan for my life, I know my future is actually still unknown. Even though I have a plan for my life, I also know that I have faith in an all-knowing and Almighty God, and He has the best plans for my future.

Maybe God's plans and my plans will align. But maybe He will call me to something totally different from what I'm planning on now. And I'm OK with that. Because ultimately, His plans will be way better than I could ever imagine.