Mr. Trump, Saying You Don't Want Haitians Or Africans In Our Country Is Unambiguously Racist

When did American get one look?
1040

President Donald Trump is famous for his very strong views on immigration. Now, he is at it again, but this time, with much more vulgar words.

Trump lashed out, referring to certain countries as "shithole countries."

And, guess what? The White House didn't deny it.

Trump was also cited as saying, "What do we want Haitians here for?" and "Why do we want all these people from Africa here? Why do we want all these people from shithole countries?"

That is not only extremely unprofessional, but it also crosses a line when it comes to being respectful.

People cannot always control their circumstances. In fact, 70 percent of those who are born poor, stay poor.

Why wouldn't Trump want the United States want to continue to brand itself as a land of opportunity for everyone who wants to come?

For so many people the prospect of opportunity in the United States is the last hope they can hold on to that will help them lead a better life.

I actually went to Haiti before on a mission trip. Let me tell you, President Trump should want Haitians over here because they could teach him a thing or 50 that would actually help his presidency as well as his attitude.

While I was there, I remember a woman invited my church group into her home. She didn't have much at all by our standards, but her warmness and inviting personality is something that our president could really learn from.

These people didn't wake up and say, "I want to live in poverty."

They didn't wake up and want to be thrown into a life where they don't know where their next meal will come from.

Why our president feels that it is within his rights to call countries down and out on their luck derogatory names and go so far as to say they aren't wanted here is beyond me.

On the heels of this event, a White House spokesman was cited as saying, "Certain Washington politicians choose to fight for foreign countries, but President Trump will always fight for the American people."

When did American get one look, though?

I, myself, come from an Irish and German background, and everyone I encounter on a daily basis comes from somewhere too.

Even everyone I don't encounter on a daily basis comes from somewhere--including Trump.

What if someone had told Trump's ancestors "no?"

What if his ancestors had never been allowed access to the United States so that they could chase after their American Dream?

Some dreams take longer than others to become reality, a businessman like Trump should know that.

So instead of saying, "we don't want you because you come from a poor background" we should say, "if you want to come to the United States, then come."

Someone's heritage is no reason to deny them access to another country.