3 Stunning Revelations From Comey's Testimony

Is a delusional man worthy of running a great country?

8
YouTube

On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 10 a.m., former FBI director James Comey testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee. After many days, the public was finally given a chance to hear the true story behind Comey's firing and the secrets pertaining to the Russians interfering with the 2016 U.S. election polls. Many interesting truths were revealed from his deposition.

Let's take a closer look at three appalling revelations from his testimony.

1. The Leaked Memos

Comey's memos have been a controversial matter. During his testimony, Comey stated he gave his memos with President Trump to his friend, Columbia Law Professor Daniel Richman, to give to The New York Times in response to Trump's tweet saying, "James Comey better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!" Trump's lawyer Marc Kasowitz is considering filing charges against Comey for leaking these memos since they were privileged information.

In Comey's defense, his goal was to alert the special counsel so that they could examine them diligently. Furthermore, Comey did not illegally leak any "privileged"information. Privileged information is knowledge that is prohibited from being shared publicly. In order for info to be considered "privileged," Trump would have had to declare that before discussing any news with someone.

However, Trump never explicitly stated that whatever he discussed with Comey before their meeting was "privileged," therefore terminating Kasowitz's case against Comey.

The Republicans are currently holding onto a lifeline. Trump's loyal supporters and himself are digging a deeper hole for themselves with each statement they make. They are attempting to cover up their tracks, but every time they try to, they throw themselves out of the frying pan and into the fire.

2. "Lordy, I hope there are tapes." — Comey

The core of Comey's testimony involved the interference of Russians in the 2016 U.S. election. The media went crazy the instant they realized the Russians could have possibly hacked into our election. Comey repeatedly affirmed during his hearing that he had no doubt the  Russians intervened with the election.

He clearly declared, "The Russians interfered in our election during the 2016 cycle. They did it with purpose. They did it with sophistication. They did it with overwhelming technical efforts, and it was an active measures campaign driven from the top of the government."

Trump kept telling the media, like a broken record, that this was all "fake news." He responded to Comey by saying:

"It's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won."

Does this not prove the election was rigged since he said the Democrats shouldn't have lost the election? How else are we supposed to interpret his statement?

He later followed it by stating: "I didn't say that. And there'd be nothing wrong if I did say it." This further proves that Trump is trying to cover up for his foolish mistakes.

3. "Those were lies, plain and simple." — Comey

Another crucial point we learned from Comey's testimony was that Trump is nothing but a deceiving man who lies as casually as people litter on the streets. Earlier when Trump fired Comey, he falsely accused and defamed Comey and the FBI team on several accounts.

According to Comey, Trump claimed "the organization was in disarray, that it was poorly lead, [and] that the workforce had lost confidence in its leader."

Comey said he believed these to be pure lies, "plain and simple." In addition, Trump also bluffed during an interview with CBS regarding his dinner with Comey. Trump claimed that Comey had asked to meet with him over dinner to discuss their current situation. However, this was once again another fabricated assertion.

Comey explained during his testimony that Trump was the one who sought after him for dinner that night. As any honest worker would do, Comey canceled all plans that night in order to meet with Trump. That means Trump not only lied about meeting up with Comey for dinner, but he also made him miss a date with his wife just so that he could fire him later on.

Now tell me America, where does this leave us? Where do we stand from a global perspective with history's renowned fabulist impersonating our president?