Have you ever noticed that when you're scrolling through your favorite social media apps, you feel like you just don't measure up? (Like how she looks better in a bikini than you do, or how her makeup is legitimately flawless, or how her photos always seem to have the right filters on them?) Do you ever find yourself wondering, "Well damn, if she's my age and she (or he) is this successful, then what the hell am I doing with my life?" If so, then I have some amazing news for you—stop comparing your life and your successes or your failures to somebody else's.

So what? This person has 1.5k followers. So what? She got 100 "likes" on her post and you only got 29. So what? She's your age and she just put out her first radio single. Stop comparing your journey in life to that of somebody else. As human beings, we have absolutely no idea whatsoever on someone else's own personal life story, or what trials they might have faced to get to the point where they appear successful.

The important thing to remember here is that these successful men and women didn't just become successful or "Instagram famous" overnight. Success takes hard work, and the most important work that any successful person can do is learning who they are and staying true to themselves to fulfill their life's mission. Does this sound super corny and even a little "fortune-cookie-like?" Sure. But it's the absolute bare-bones honest truth. Anyone who has ever been or will ever be successful has tapped into what makes him or her truly unique in this world. We all have our own silly quirks or things that make us weird. Successful and influential people use all of their quirks to their advantages.

Being yourself in a world that makes you feel like you have to compete with your best friend's best friend means embracing your weirdness, and choosing not to give a damn about what anyone else has to say about you.

You want success? Be unabashedly unique, be fearlessly honest, and don't ever let anyone make you feel like what you have to offer the world isn't "good enough."

I've said this following quote in a poem of mine, and with a little tweaking, I think it rings true here, too.

"[You] are worthy of a crown of unconditional love."

So, love yourself enough to dare to be who you truly are in this world. Being your most authentic self and being true to your own uniqueness can lead you to a monumental amount of success.