New Jersey Stereotypes We Shouldn't Be Ashamed To Admit Are True
Travel

3 New Jersey Stereotypes We Shouldn't Be Ashamed To Admit Are True

It's the little things, like not having to get out of your car in 100-degree weather to pump your gas, that sets Jersey apart from other places.

141
cast of Jersey shore

Every place has certain characteristics that highlight its individuality. Of course, everyone gets tired of their hometown, or state, because we often take for granted the things we have available to us and the luxuries we all have. New Jersey especially, is known for some pretty interesting things, these only being the top three. They may be cliche, overused, and well-known, but there are many reasons we should all utilize the things that living in New Jersey provides!

1. New Jerseyans do not pump their own gas

This may be the most obvious perk of New Jersey and definitely the most talked about characteristic, but it is definitely a stereotype all New Jerseyans should embrace. It's the little things, like not having to get out of your car in 100-degree weather to pump your gas that sets New Jersey apart from other places. Call us lazy, call us privileged, call us spoiled, but when you pull up to a New Jersey gas pump and you don't even have to get out of the car, you'll see what you've been missing out on. Not to mention, all the jobs that arise from needing gas attendants.

So, on top of having a luxurious trip to the gas station, many people are provided jobs through the privilege we all love here in New Jersey.

2. We're the garden state and with that comes five-star veggies

Ever had a Jersey tomato? Or an ear of corn from a Jersey farm? Well, if not, you're missing out on that too. There's nothing like going to the farmer's market and stocking up on fresh vegetables to accompany your hamburgers and hotdogs at your family barbecue. Not that Jersey is the only state with farmer's markets, all I'm saying is that we're the garden state for a reason... our farmer's markets are superior. Shopping at farmer's markets is a win-win for both the customer and the farmers.

It's important we all shop locally and support local businesses, like the small town farmer's markets. Going to Shoprite, Acme, Walmart, or wherever you go for groceries, is understandable, but instead of helping large corporations all the time, it's a good idea to get your produce from your local produce stand. In addition to the produce, farmer's markets usually are stocked with various different products, like freshly made jam, baked goods made with fresh fruit, and honey sticks! So, if you're into all-natural, fresh food, the farmer's market is a great option! Go get some jersey corn and support the local farmers!

3. The Jersey Shore!

Last, but surely not least, the infamous Jersey Shore! The Jersey Shore is much more than what the television show "The Jersey Shore" portrays. In the show, the Jersey Shore is depicted as one huge party scene, but that's not all that Jersey is. The Jersey Shore offers many different attractions, shopping outlets, casinos, concert venues, beaches, and campgrounds. The Jersey Shore is home to many people and even if it is not your home, pretty much every place in New Jersey is relatively close to a beach.

LBI, for example, is my favorite beach and the one that is closest to me. LBI is not the typical "Jersey Shore" type beach that is portrayed in the show. LBI is full of joggers, bikers, families, kids, simmers, surfers, and campers. It's not just one huge party where all anyone does is party and tan. The Jersey Shore has a lot to offer and a lot of times people in New Jersey take their beach life for granted! Take advantage of our beautiful Jersey beaches!!