A Tribute To The One And Only Robin Williams

We will never forget.

191
Hotbirthdays.com

Lately I have been doing a lot of thinking about the legendary Robin Williams. Like many of you, he was a big part of my childhood. I was - and always will be - a big fan. He taught me that it was okay to be silly - that laughing was one of the greatest medicines in this life. For him, I am always grateful. He brought so much life to this world. I may never have gotten to meet him in person, but who he was and the characters he played will always be close to my heart. I will cherish his legacy until my end.

So in honor of one of the best persons that ever was: here are a few of my favorite films (and television series) that starred the one and only, Robin Williams.

1. Mork and Mindy

This was such a fun show to watch. So many smiles and laughs to be had…”Nanu Nanu” everyone.

2. Dead Poets Society

Williams was so inspirational is this one. It actually inspired my love of poetry.

3. Hook

Who can forget this fabulous twist to one of our favorite Disney movies? Williams taught us that you don’t have to grow up completely, and that anything can be an adventure.

4. FernGully: The Last Rainforest

Everybody loves Batty, the fruit bat that is a little kooky. He can always turn any situation into a laugh. And that is what Robin Williams was all about. Can anyone else quote most of his lines? “Op. Gravity Works.”

5. Aladdin

Genie was the best! And I for one would love a friend like him.

6. Mrs. Doubtfire

He was just a father that would do anything to spend some time with his kids. The feels! The laughs! It can’t get much better than that.

7. Jumanji

Robin Williams made this movie. In all honesty, he made all of his movies. It just wouldn’t be the same without him, you know?

8. Flubber

This was such an interesting movie. Living green goop? Only Robin Williams. It was fun and hilarious and that was just the best.

9. What Dreams May Come

So much tragedy occurs in this film. It is so sad, but yet it is so inspirational. There is so much love - it is definitely one of Robin Williams’ best.

10. Patch Adams

This is another great movie. Williams gave his character so much life and love. It was very inspirational.

11. Happy Feet

Ramon was quite the character. Williams really made it his own, as always. And that is what made his characters so special and even fun. It was a very unique talent.

12. Night at the Museum

With the third movie being one of the last movies we see Robin Williams in, this trilogy pulls the heart strings. Williams’s portrayal of Teddy Roosevelt was stunning and all of his words were so inspirational and wise.

There were so many great movies that portrayed this amazing actor. What are some of your favorites?

Robin Williams was one of the very few people that their name was explanation enough. I can only imagine just how wonderful he was as a person and not just what we all saw him as, as a celebrity. He was Robin Williams. And like millions around the world, I will forever miss him dearly. Moreover, I am grateful for the work he did because his legacy lives on in what he did - his movies.

We will never forget you, Robin. You were special and you were enough. This one’s for you.