The Best Fashion Trends From The Early 2000s
Beauty Fashion

Five Fashion Trends From The Early 2000s That NEED To Make A Comeback, Even Two Decades Later

The 2000s brought us some questionable fashion decisions but surprisingly, there were a few hidden gems in all of the madness.

221
lizzie mcguire

The 2000s brought us some questionable fashion decisions: all-brand outfits, ties for belts, shuttered sunglasses, too much denim, too many layers, camo, weird skirts, and so many bad hairstyles (I'm looking at you, JT). But, surprisingly, there were a few hidden gems in all of the madness. And I say it's time for some of these styles to have a serious comeback, some with a little revamping.

1. Gaucho pants

Ashlee Simpson

These pants look so comfortable and in the last year, I've definitely seen more people sporting these pants. They're like a shorter version of the flared pants that are now more popular, a trend from the 70s that has also made a comeback. I think gaucho pants were similar to yoga pants in comfortability, which is what I feel drawn to. I think fashion as solely uncomfortable is a thing of the past and we should be able to embrace articles of clothing that are cute and lounge-y. Pairing the loose pants with a more fitted top is definitely how we need to approach the pants, not too many layers or bagginess.

2. Chokers

Hilary Duff as "Lizzie McGuire"

Disney

Chokers, particularly the tattoo ones, were a staple in 2000s fashion trend that was seen both on the red carpet and in Disney sitcoms, especially "Lizzie McGuire." These necklaces are just so simple yet so interesting because of their placement and design and I want everyone to wear them constantly. They made a short comeback a few years ago and I still have the remnants of that time but I want a full-on explosion of the short jewelry.

3. Colored aviators

Lil' Kim

Bustle

Shades that don't actually protect your eyes from the sun but do look cool are my kind of accessory. This is a sentiment I feel I share with my generation so why not embrace a style that lets the glare in but also makes you look hella rad?

4. Oversized hoop earrings

Jennifer Lopez

The bigger the earrings, the more confident the person. I am not someone who is super into jewelry but I think big earrings screams, "I don't care what you think about me, I already know I'm awesome." You just can't go wrong with asserting yourself as a beautiful person. And these are already being embraced, especially by Rihanna, with her sporting even bigger hoops. And if Rihanna is wearing it, you know it's right.

5. Halter tops

Selma Blair and Sarah Michelle Gellar

Halter tops are certainly an accepted article of clothing in this day and age, especially if it is a crop top. I hope we continue to embrace them but don't revert to the 2000s style of having what holds the top up be something odd like a hoop or have the material be an out-of-date mesh.