Traveling To Last Fall In My Spotify Saved Songs

The songs that remind me most of last fall.

107
https://unsplash.com/photos/uE_N2i6-TRM
Unsplash

One of my favorite things about music is an individual song's ability to take you back to a specific time in your life. All those old memories flood right back in and it's all thanks to that one song. There are several songs that take me back to last fall, my freshman year of college at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. I am a recent transfer student to Villanova University (which I love very much) but these are the songs that I associate most with my freshman fall. When I think last fall, I think meeting new people, living in a tower dorm on the largest campus I have ever been to. I think looking out my dorm window around 7:00pm on that brisk September night and seeing the sky painted with oranges, purples and reds while that Amherst sun melted over the mountains. I think leaves and apple picking, meeting tons of new people and walking 25 minutes to class. I think fun. All of these feelings and memories can be relived at the play of a few certain songs.

Here they are:

Skywalker, by Miguel, Travis Scott

...Ready For It? by Taylor Swift

She had just released this as a single and I was OBSESSED with it, listening to it on repeat.

Guidance by Travis Scott

Frat Rules by A$AP Mob, A$AP Rocky, Playboi Carti, Big Sean

My friends and I were going to go to an A$AP concert so I began listening to all their music and this was one that stuck with me… one of my FAVS.

Shockandawe by Miguel

Say It To My Face by Maty Noyes

Catch Me by Flux Pavillion

Classic me was at a frat one night (Pike) and this song came on and I liked it so much that I had to go up to the DJ and ask what it was called while it was playing.

A Different Way by DJ Snake, Lauv

This song reminds me of one of the first parties I went to at an off-campus house at UMass.

Love$ick by Mura Masa, A$AP Rocky

ILL NANA by DRAM, Trippie Redd

I'm going to be completely honest here and tell you that when I say I listened to this song and Skrt Skrt by Tory Lanez back and forth all the way from UMass to University of Rhode Island and then back again, I am not kidding.

Soundcloud – La Lechuga // Hotty Toddy (Alex Bamford x Civalized) (Cameron Bear Mixtape)

I credit this find to one of my good guy friends from school, he had an amazing playlist on soundcloud that I went through and this was easily my favorite.

Goodness Gracious by Ellie Goulding (Chainsmoker Remix)

The Chainsmokers played this track in one of their Ultra sets. Hopefully I will attend one of these in real life soon.

And that's that! Those songs right there are what I find reminds me most of last fall, new beginnings and my longed for UMass friends.