Stay Healthy While Traveling

6 Tips For Staying Healthy On Trips

I know this may seem hard, but you'll thank me later.

71
Drink

If you have ever tried dieting while traveling, then you know it can be difficult, especially when there is so much good food out there. We have to stay strong. We cannot indulge in the sweets and carbs. We cannot take time off from the gym. We know that this summer bod took a lot of hard work and when I say a lot, I mean A LOT. From the hours in the gym to the healthy eating, the avoidance of carbs and sweets, we want a break. WE DESERVE A BREAK! But, we shouldn't take a break from that hard work.

Here are a few tips and tricks for staying healthy whilst in another state or country.

1. Moderation

Moderation is key. You've probably heard this a lot, but it is very true. You can indulge in dessert, but try your best to eat healthy during the day. Healthy food can be tasty and satisfying, and if you do eat unhealthy try to eat in smaller portions. Don't overeat!

2. Eat right

We tend to crave the unhealthy food while on vacation. We think, "Oh, these are negative calories" or "I'll work it off when I get home," however that's never the case. Try eating foods that are easier on the stomach, because we don't want to be bloated when taking those bikini pics. Protein (chicken or turkey) is easy on the stomach and won't make you feel bloated. It's also very filling.

3. Work, work, work

Try to workout! Swim, dance, walk around. Do fun activities and keep your body moving!

4. Walk it like I talk it

Walking is one of the easiest cardios there is. Go sightseeing or go for a walk on the beach.

5. Water, water, water

Water is key. Water is everything. Water is life.

Bloated? Water. Hungry and you just ate? Water. Wanna glow? Water. Want clear skin? Water. Dehydrated? Water. Water keeps us going and helps us look bomb. Drink up, boo.

6. No stress zone

Lastly, don't stress over gaining weight or that one bad meal you had. It takes more than one meal to gain a pound. Have fun! Soak up the sun!