Traveling 6/27

Traveling: Experiences for Opening the Mind and Soul

The world makes it seem impossible to travel without being rich or a popular influencer. Truth is...anyone can travel if you have the drive to do it.

86

Travel and I have a very love-hate relationship. As an anxiety-ridden child, I always got nervous when it came to flying and going to places far from home. I never really understood my fears because typically when I would get to our destination I would be perfectly fine. That is where the love for travel comes into play. Once you arrive at your final destination there is not much more to complain or worry about.

If I am most grateful for anything, it is that my family and I have the ability to travel the world and go places that I would always dream about going to. Not everyone gets the opportunity to travel to different countries and that is why I work hard every day to work up to a successful life so I can do the same for my family one day. My family and I have gone to countless amounts of places such as Switzerland, Italy, Paris, Belize, etc. I have seen, heard, and engaged in experiences that will stick with me for the rest of my life.

Since everyone in my family has gotten older, it is getting harder to travel. My sister is in her master's program, I am in my second year of college, and my younger sister is in her second year of high school while doing competitive cheer. Safe to say there is just not enough time in our schedule to be visiting exotic countries right now. But, that has not stopped me from planning and searching for ways to get to one of my destinations on my bucket list. See, we have always been those people who try and pick destinations out of the country. To be honest, I would like to visit some states in the country. I have always wanted to go to Colorado and Seattle. Even the simplest places bring experiences that open the mind and soul. My goal for 2019 is to travel by myself or with friends to these two places. I hear traveling alone really changes the way your trip can go (for the better).

Now I know what you are thinking, how is she going to do this since she is a broke college student? I will tell you. Truthfully, I am not entirely broke and that is because of more than one reason. The biggest one is, I no longer go into a store anymore and drop $150. That was a REAL problem for me. I also have a very good job, that pays well, so I just started to save some of my money. As long as I stop acting like a princess, getting to your destination and having a good time does not cost very much. There are always great deals on flights to the states. One time, my friend got a round trip to Miami, Florida for only $50. Talk about a STEAL! Just do the research and book the flight. As for rooms, that is the most saving you have to do. Stop looking for 5-star hotels and try using points if you have any. Traveling is POSSIBLE when you have the drive to do so.

I am someone that takes a lot of time inching out of my comfort zone. If it is one thing I have learning from traveling the world is that once you just take the jump, you will not regret it. The experiences you have with open your mind up to a bunch of new perspectives on life. You will soon come to feel in your heart that you are truly living your best life! There is so much out in the world for us to see and take advantage of. We were not put on this earth to sit around and wait for an opportunity to come to us. You need to take the initiative and stop WAITING. Take the time and see the world!