7 Stellar Reasons You Should Go Away For College And Begin An Adventure Of A Lifetime

Embrace the change and go explore!

130
Original Photo

Leaving your family and going somewhere other than your hometown for college is often said to be too hard. Going somewhere new is very exciting! Embrace the change and go explore! There is never a better time to have an adventure!

1. You will meet so many new friends.

Yes, you have friends at home but who doesn’t want to make new friends to reset after High School. The friends you will make in college will be your lifelong friends no matter if you came from different backgrounds.

2. You get to explore new things.

Moving to a big city from a very small farm town is intimidating at first but look around you, there are so many new and exciting things going on. Think of all the cool new things you can try!

3. You will have a new outlook on life.

Living in a different part of the U.S. can give you a different perspective on life. Seeing people live differently than you can help change the way you think.

4. You gain independence.

Since you are not living at home anymore, you have to make decisions for yourself. Living in a completely different atmosphere will help you gain independence by learning how to stay active in a new climate, how to eat healthily, and when to say no because you have to study.

5. You will be able to travel more.

Traveling can be expensive but, it can also be super fun! Making a road trip out of your drive makes it interesting. You can sit and people watch while you’re waiting on your plane to show up and talk to the people sitting next to you to figure out where they are going. You can meet some pretty cool people while traveling, and who knows you might go to the same college.

6. You are able to share your life with others.

Living with people from a different state or the other side of the world, you are able to share what your high school was like, share where you grew up, share what the scenery was like, and share what you miss most about home.

7. You will learn so much.

Not only will you learn a lot about yourself but you will also learn about the world around you. You will learn how to get around without a car, learn how to get around an airport, learn how to communicate with others effectively, you learn how to be independent, and you gain time management skills.

Going to a college away from home definitely has its ups and downs but it is a great decision! Think of all the new adventures you can go on and then come home and tell your family and friends about what you did during college. Your family will still be your family and your hometown will still be your hometown. So, take on a new adventure! You never know who you will meet!