10 Summer Staples That Can Transition Into Fall

The only thing worse than watching Summer come to an end is figuring out what to wear during the temperamental weather between seasons. During this time, no one wants to part with their effortlessly easy-to-style summer staples. As school creeps around the corner, it can be stressful to shop for new clothes that won't make you sweat in the September sun, but will still keep you warm on a cooler day. Instead of breaking the bank on new sweaters that can't be worn until October, dig through your closet to discover some pieces you already have.

1. The Cropped White T-Shirt

A cropped white tee is one of the most versatile pieces in any wardrobe. This shirt can be worn with just about anything, from jeans to joggers. One of my favorite ways to transition this piece into fall is to combine it with the 'utilitarian pant' trend or with any looser-fitting denim.

2. Bodysuits

Bodysuits are perfect layering pieces because of their lightweight fabric. They offer a superior fit when paired with high-waisted jeans, compared to tucking in a shirt. Long sleeve bodysuits offer even more style versatility that will outlast the warmer days of early Autumn.

3. The Button-Down White Shirt

There are endless ways to wear button-downs that put a unique twist on a basic outfit. For hotter days, wear as a tied crop top with jeans or a skirt. As the weather gets colder, button it all the way down and wear it under a sweater.

4. The Denim Jacket

It's officially time to start wearing your denim jacket again! Enjoy this short season while it lasts before wind breakers and coats take over for what will seem like an eternity. Not only are denim jackets kind to your hair (no friction = no flyaways!), they make any outfit look like you put effort in. Pair with a basic white t-shirt and leggings for class, or try a denim-on-denim look.

5. The Miniskirt

Mini skirts are a great 'night out' option for this time of year. They can be worn with flats or pumps in the warm weather but can also last the duration of the cold with higher cut boots and knee-socks.

6. Paper Bag Pants

These stylish pants that were previously worn with crop tops and tanks can now be re-purposed with a slim-fitting sweater. Keep the comfort of the Summer in these loose-fitting pants as you wear them all throughout the Fall.

7. Distressed Denim

Enjoy wearing any piece of clothing that exposes skin before freezing temperatures make it impossible. Distressed jeans in any wash offer an effortlessly stylish vibe that pairs well with almost any t-shirt or sweater.

8. Sneakers

When you're in-between seasons, picking out shoes to wear can be more difficult than it needs to be. Since it's too early for boots, put on a pair of white platform sneakers to match any outfit.

9. Sunglasses

Don't ditch your sunglasses yet! To make an outfit look more vintage, try a pair with cat-eye lenses that are making a comeback.

10. Layered Necklaces

Layered necklaces are a great purchase that will make a dull outfit look instantly glam. This jewelry trend works well with both lower and higher cut necklines.