Things To Do When Transferring Flights

5 Things To Hate About Transfer Flights

It is a pure logistical nightmare... Oh also you're flying.

131
5 Things To Hate About Transfer Flights
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Paddington_Station_rush_hour.jpg

So I had the recent joy of taking an international transfer flight alone and boy was it a trip… If you're like me and kinda stress over a perfect flight, you've probably done this when prepping for the journey.

1. Booking the damn flight

Finding out that there is no direct flight to your destination, or taking multiple flights is cheaper could be so damn frustrating. Once you have mentally prepared yourself to your fate, you start looking at all the flights, their arrivals, departures, the amount of time you could spare if one of the flights was not on time.

You know... The fun stuff.

2. Cross referencing the flight details

After you pick the flights that would ensure you actually reach your destination. The next step is looking into baggage limits and transfer services. You also might start obsessively chart a few similar flights a few days ahead of your flight. Oh No, that's just me? Oh well, moving on.

3. The reminders to check in all the way through

One thing I definitely fear is not being able to board my flight mid journey cause I couldn't check in all the way through. Hence the incessant reminders that begin 2 days before travel start date.

The reminder to check in at the counter and to make sure my luggage is checked in all the way through.

4. Grabbing your luggage if it’s not the same airline

c1.staticflickr.com

If you're not traveling via the same airline for the entire trip, you have to vigilant and pick up your luggage when you arrive in transit and re-check it... Oh, Fun!

This is another nightmare of itself that I cannot begin.

5. Hoping your baggage makes way to your destination…

c1.staticflickr.com

Once you finally reach your destination, you now have to wait uneasily at the luggage carousel praying your luggage actually made it through and you can be off your merry way. If not you wait till the last bag sign and look around in a panic for 10 minutes, give up on your bad luck and trot off to baggage services to file a complaint.

Once all this is over you have to repeat if this was a holiday trip… sigh

Happy Travels Weary Travel.