It's Time To Label America's 'Alt-Right' As The Terrorist Traitors They Are
Politics

What happened in Charlottesville is an atrocity that was carried out by a white terrorist.

47
KTVU / Facebook

"Alt Right" is a term that we’ve unfortunately been hearing more of since a certain someone took office. But I’m sure people are wondering, what exactly is the “Alt Right”? Well, according to the Wikipedia definition, it is, “a loosely defined group of people with far-right ideologies who reject mainstream conservatism in favor of white nationalism, principally in the United States...”

Sure, OK. So racist conservatives. That seems to be a pretty accurate definition of what the Alt Right is, but I’ll give you an even simpler answer: Terrorists. Plain and simple.

The Alt Right at its core relies on terrorism and nothing else to spread its messages of hate and bigotry throughout the US — and sadly, for some bizarre reason, it’s working.

The Alt Right are all about wanting to protect white nationalism in the US. As white nationalists, they have strong negative feelings about, well, basically anyone who isn’t white. You would think that they would try to disassociate themselves from non-white minority groups, or even more specifically, from terrorist organizations like the Islamic State. The same organization who carried out the terror attack in Germany last December where they plowed a truck into a crowd of innocent people.

Is this starting to sound familiar yet?

What happened in Charlottesville is an atrocity that was carried out by a white terrorist, and there is no getting around that fact.

I’m not trying to lessen what happened in Germany — my heart is still with them — but I think what happened in Charlottesville is much, much worse.

The truck attack in Germany was carried out by an Islamic State member who was from Tunisia, not a by a radicalizedGerman citizen.

But, as far as we can tell, the monster who rammed a car into a crowd in Charlottesville is a citizen of the United States. A citizen just like the people he attacked and murdered.

The monster who attacked the crowd in Charlottesville is not only a terrorist, but also a traitor.

A radicalized white terrorist who has support from an ever-growing group of people in the US. I can’t condone killing others in any situation, especially over something such as religion or skin color. But how much do you have to hate your own country that you want to kill your fellow citizens over something so small?

I think it’s time the US seriously takes a look at designating the Alt Right as a terrorist group just like the Islamic State, Army of God, or Aryan Nations. It’s only fair.

We’re all people. We all breathe the same air. We all of us live under the same sun. Why does it seem so hard for us to remember this? I know it’s a cliche question... But why can’t we all just get along?