The Tragedy Of Christina Grimmie

The Tragedy Of Christina Grimmie

A beautiful young soul, taken way to soon.

64
The Tragedy Of Christina Grimmie

The night of June 10, 2016, was one of the most tragic nights in music history. A young singer/songwriter named Christina Grimmie was taken away from this world for absolutely no reason at all. Christina is from Marlton, New Jersey and was a contestant on The Voice a few years back. Grimmie has toured with Selena Gomez, and she was just on tour with the band Before You Exit.

Grimmie's current tour was almost to an end, June 10th was the same as any other night on the tour. They all had fun performing, videos of Grimmie that night showed a beautiful, young adult having the time of her life on stage, living her dream. At the end of each show Grimmie holds a meet and greet for any fans who want her autograph, take pictures, and have a conversation with her. Nothing was out of the ordinary, Grimmie was doing her normal after show routine at the Plaza Live venue in Orlando, Florida. I came across a video on Youtube that has since been removed of the meet and greet, the last fan she had met with was a young girl, who looked if she was thirteen years old. In the video, I saw the happiness in the fans eyes to be meeting Christina, and Christina was smiling so big while talking to her but, at the last five seconds of the video I heard three gunshots, and then the video shut off. It was unreal to hear those shots in the video, I can not imagine how everyone felt in the room, seeing this beautiful girls life, end right before their eyes.

The hero in this tragic event is Christina Grimmie's brother Marcus. I refuse to mention the killer's name in the article, he deserves zero recognition. Marcus immediately tackled this man who is believed to be a "deranged fan" before he was able to kill anyone else. Once Marcus had tackled the killer, the killer then killed himself, making this case a murder-suicide.

But, I do wonder, could all of this been avoided? What if the venue did their job correctly and checked bags of every person who attended the show? Obviously, the United States won't be able to have gun control but, if venues small or big step up security, tragic events like these can possibly be avoided. I came across a tweet of a girl who was at the concert, and she said that she had a previous experience at the same venue where they checked her bag, and wanted to take away her prescription medication away that she needed. How were they able to look through a bag and find medication, and not be able to find not one but two guns on this gunman, a knife, and additional ammunition? I do not care if it's a "hassle" for the employees at the venues if they have to check every bag at a show. Hire more people, the safety of the artists as well as the fans is so important. If checking bags is too much of a hassle, then have a size limit for bags. It's honestly not that hard, turn people away tell them they need to put their bags back in their cars and can only have a bag if it is the size of a wristlet. I have walked into so many venues whether it's a bar or if it's an arena, without getting my bags checked. Sure, all I have is my wallet, phone, water, and camera in my bag but, if I can fit all that in a back, someone can fit a handgun in theirs.

Concerts are supposed to be our safe place, to get away from the world for a few hours.

So who is really to blame? The disgusting individual, or the venue for not insuring the safety of their artists and fans?

Also, I absolutely hate seeing media outlets already jumping to conclusions and saying this killer had a mental illness. Do not blame a mental illness on this event, this man knew what he was doing, he planned everything out perfectly in his mind. If Marcus did not tackle him, he very well could have shot some fans, why else would he need additional ammunition? It was not a mental illness that killed Christina Grimmie, it was pure evil that killed Christina Grimmie.

I still can not comprehend the fact that this beautiful soul was taken from our world, Christina will remain in our hearts forever. I am so sorry to her fans, I can not imagine how they must feel losing one of their idols.

To anyone who needs to talk about the situation, whether you were there or not please text "TWLOHA" to 741-741, they are happy to listen.

You can also help Christina Grimmie's family with funeral expenses here ! Help them give their beautiful daughter the funeral, and remembrance that she deserves.

Remember Christina, do not talk about her killer.

I am so sorry to all of Christina's fans, she's watching over each and every one of you.