Do Yourself A Favor And Get Rid Of The Toxic People In Your Life

It's time for some spring cleaning.

346
@hellodarlingblog

Friendship seems to be something that not very many people take seriously these days. Someone who you think is your friend might just as well be the very opposite. Your best friend today could turn into your worst enemy tomorrow, and that’s what happened to me.

It happens to the best of us.

And no, getting rid of toxic people in your life is not easy. Trust me. It’s difficult to let go of someone who you were once so close to. This was the person you relied on to be there for you no matter what. But you’ve not realized that they are not person that you thought you were. So, I will tell you right now. Cut. Them. Off. Get rid of them.

As much as you want to you can’t because you’re so used to being around them. You don’t want to make things weird and you think that maybe it’s a phase and it’ll go away. But it doesn’t. It hasn’t. It won’t. You don't want to confront them just yet because you are so afraid of losing them that you don't want to start a fight. But if they don't give you the respect you deserve, why stay?

Think about it this way - are you going to sit there wasting your time on someone who doesn’t put in their time or effort for you, or are you going to do what’s best for yourself?

It’s up to you. But listening to constant negativity and judgment about others can really affect a person. I will never understand how someone can thrive off of talking shit about other people as if they're better than everyone else. But then I realized that they're not thriving. They're bitter, miserable and take ugly to a whole new level.

Take it from me, if you continue to stay in this toxic friendship or relationship that you’re in, you will reach a breaking point; just like I did.

I’ve recently had a falling out with someone who I thought I would’ve been close with forever at a point. This person was my best friend and someone I came to love and trust. Now I can’t tell the future, but I know that person won’t be in mine. Why? Because I got rid of the toxic people in my life.

And no, I don't miss that person. Cutting that person off was the best thing I could ever do for myself. Since then, life has been a lot more peaceful. I don't stress over friendships anymore, and I finally know who my real friends are. That's in your best interest. So listen to me when I say, "Get rid of them."

When I say "get rid of," I mean I did some spring cleaning. As a growing adult, I’ve come to point in my life where I’m done putting my time and effort into friendships or relationships that don’t put in the same amount of effort for me. If you want to be my friend, show me. Don't keep the other person wondering.

Friendship isn’t a game, so it doesn’t need to be played with.

Don’t let people play with you. You deserve respect no matter if it’s from a friendship relationship, romantic relationship, or a familial relationship. Once I started surrounding myself with people who encourage me, support me, and genuinely care about me and my feelings, I became a better person and found actual happiness.

I truly believe when I’m told, “You are who you surround yourself with.”

People can change you without even knowing it. Keeping that toxic person in my life not only affected me but it changed me. I became mean, angry, judgmental, but overall insecure. Today I feel security. I feel confident and satisfied knowing that I stood up for myself and got rid of the toxins. I have the most amazing friends in the world, and I am more careful about who I let into my circle.

Everyone deserves to have people that build them up, not tear them down.

Do your spring cleaning and get rid of the toxic people in your life. Don't forget to thank me later.