Top Sliding Door Ideas that Would Add Sheen to your House

95

As interior doors go, sliding doors blend modernity and retro aesthetics well since they complement all types of homes, but they are particularly effective when there is less space, as they lead to access to anywhere, easily even after opening fully.

Types of Sliding Doors:

The most common Internal sliding doors that function as interior doors from the UK are:

• Pocket Doors: These resemble standard sliding doors, but they disappear into wall recesses when open, thus minimising the space required for operation. These doors function fantastically well in small homes.
  • Patio Doors: These bi-folding doors are installed in concertina shapes when used, and ideal for connecting the home with the garden within a cohesive space. They are usually used in the dining room or kitchen, at the backend of the property.
  • Bypass Doors: These sliding glass doors are fixed to the top rail, and used for dividing large open spaces into manageable chunks of space. They are used as closet doors with a grand finish usually.

Hardware for Sliding Doors:

Sliding doors are usually used in interior spaces only and hence are devoid of locking mechanisms. They do consist of bolts, especially on bathroom doors, to ensure some privacy. Hence, the focus of interior door hardware usually centers on handles.

Choosing door handles depend on the doors themselves, with the following points:

• Use pull handles for all types of pocket doors since the protruding handles could restrict the seamless disappearance of the door into the wall cavity.
  • Choose the ergonomic, attractive handles with appropriate décor-specific that can function with all sorts of materials throughout your home.
  • Do not choose the different style of handles for different sliding doors or you could disrupt the décor design.

Pros & Cons of Sliding Doors:
Here are some pros and cons to selecting sliding doors as your interior doors:

Pros:

1. In homes where space is scarce, sliding doors are a boon for mobility and accessibility.
  2. Some sliding doors create the illusion of more space also allowing light to flow within the house, creating the sense of larger spaces.
  3. Sliding doors are easily maintainable since they run on rails or smooth castors.
  4. They are easy to use and add to the aesthetics of the décor when used wisely.

Cons:

1. Sliding doors can be delicate than the solid ones, so they are misfit doors where many people visit on a regular basis.
  2. One should maintain the rails regularly, or else corrosion could destroy the ease of using sliding doors.
  3. Sliding doors offer minimal security as they pivot on top edges.
  4. Hollow sliding doors can get broken easily while solid wooden doors are secure and robust enough to last long.

Top sliding door ideas that work:

1. Industrial Style: An industrial-style home needs to have the warehouse-like doors rendering an unfinished appearance with the use of raw wood and vintage furniture. Use a sliding door that blends in with the décor especially a rough, white door sandwiched between metal sheets that give privacy to your interior rooms and restrict interference.
  2. Glass Sliding Doors: Your kitchen storage can look great with a coloured-glass sliding door that divides storage and dining areas while covering up neutral space.
  3. Japanese Sliding Doors: Japanese-style sliding doors have a minimalist design feel with custom panels dividing bedroom and bathroom areas, enhanced by diffused lighting conditions.
  4. Integrating Space: We can separate interior spaces, with a smart sliding door to the patio that restricts the living room from the exterior parts while forging an extension with the patio!
  5. Elegant Ideas: Some sliding doors can restrict the kitchen smells from coming outside with an opaque design that is in harmony with elegant interiors that combine form and function.
  6. Bathroom Sliding Doors: Bathrooms need the most privacy and sliding doors can ensure that a wooden design that matches with the wall elements making itself a part of the wall itself.
  7. Wallpapered Doors: Disguise sliding doors by using wallpaper used on the adjacent wall, especially the green leafy design used in some relaxation avenues. The green colours could make you feel disconnected from the outside world and into a secret retreat.
  8. Rustic Folding Doors:Country style doors are immensely natural especially with like the stripped wooden folding doors. They would form room dividers from the living area, adding to the practicality of the space.

Costs of Sliding Doors:

Sliding doors can cost from £100 to some thousands of pounds, especially those that need special attention and installation approach. One can ensure that your spend is reasonable so that one can blend in harmony, décor, practicality and design perfectly with sliding doors. Bi-folding doors could cost you a bomb while pocket doors will need some additional construction work for the creation of wall cavities and recesses, adding to the overall cost significantly.