Top 5 Valentine's Day Gift Ideas For Your Natural Hair Bae

Continue to have their hair lit with some gifts that won't burn the wallet.

53
Madame Noire

While everyone is feeling the love for Valentine's Day, finding gifts for your bae can be difficult. The difficulty can go from zero to 100 when your bae is a naturalista, regardless of gender. Being natural for almost five years, I can give out some easy gifts that won't break the bank. So here are the top five gifts to give your natural hair bae for Valentine's Day.

5. Shea Moisture

As one of the most popular brands for a naturalist and applicable to all curl types, Shea Moisture is the start of the holy grail of products your bae will test to find what their hair likes and despises. Depending on the hair stage they're at, they have an extended closet full of various hair lines (popular ones include Coconut & Hibiscus and Jamaican Black Castor Oil). College student of a budget plus, there are always Target and Walgreens sales for this brand. Get more bang for your buck.

4. Bobby Pins and Ponytail Holders

I can't stress how essential these are for a natural guru. They have to be on deck for flyaways and embarrassing alfalfas. These items are simple and always in need.

3. Jumbo Comb and Denman Brush

Another major necessity to make the detangling process way easier and save more time. Bless bae with this as a gift. Less hairballs on the bathroom floor and having early access to the bathroom is always a plus.

2. Coconut Oil

This little magic in a bottle is a life-saver in more ways than one. Filled with unlimited nutrients, coconut oil can work for your hair, skin and body. There are plenty of different oils that are still beneficial to natural hair, but there is a reason that coconut oil is number one. Remember to purchase the extra virgin or unrefined version; it contains more nutrients to keep the curls on fleek. Need better grades? Coconut oil. Job hunting? Coconut oil. Even when bae is acting up, coconut oil.

1. Satin Bonnets and Satin Scarfs

Attention! Attention! Now this is the true meaning of love right here. A satin bonnet and scarf is what protects the hair at night and if you are rocking a protective style, it keep everything in tact. This bad boy here is what keeps the curls, twists and kinks fresh and prepare to pop for tomorrow. This is a bargain that you can get at the dollar store. Save that money and splurge on bae with a dinner and a movie.

These top five things to get your natural bae for Valentine's Day are mostly pretty cheap. Buying all will probably cost under $50 (varies on products or the whole hair line from Shea Moisture).

You'll have bae feeling like this with all their gifts...